Case File: 01 (Part Six.)

Created June 25th of 2016
Updated on January 6th 2017 ;)

Sorry for the long wait, I had lost track of everything for a long time.

* * *

"Did you hear the little boy?" Mai asked once we started walking away from the others.

I nod, "Yeah. He claims this place to be his 'home'. I'm not 100% sure yet, but who knows what could be going on. I'll have to ask the little boy or hopefully the son," I say. "Naru says that you can...see things in your dreams. Is that right?"

Mai smiles, "Weird, right? But yeah, I can. It helps me sort of. I get clues and hints to the jobs we have and I feel pretty happy that I'm not useless."

We walk along the halls and stop for a minute. I turn to her. "You're not useless Mai. Even if you were, which you're not, everyone really likes you being here." I smile.

Mai starts crying happily, "Thank you Chi! You have no—" I quickly pull her out of the way as the attic entrance opens and swings down. If I hadn't grabbed her, Mai's head would've been lopped clean off.

"Hey Naru, I think we found something," I call out, and immediately the others come rushing up, their footsteps thundering up the stair case.

I hold Mai close to me as she stares at the entrance in slight fear. "Is she alright?" Monk asks as the others come over to us, concern written on their faces.

I nod, "Yeah, aside from the fact that it wanted Mai's head on a silver platter, than yes." I said sarcastically and look at Mai.

She nods and smiles weakly and pulls herself away from me. I quickly take out of my phone and turn the flash on before starting to make my way up the ladder. The only thing I heard was breathing, and the sounds of foot steps, I couldn't see anything at all, apart from the floor and the window in the corner, so I had to rely on my other senses.

I jumped when I heard someone behind me and turned around to see Naru coming up the ladder. I bent over and lent him a hand, to which he accepted, and pulled him up. "This place sure is creepy," I mumbled to myself. We moved out of the way so everyone else aside from Ayako—who had stayed behind with the owner of the house—filed up after us.

"Everyone look around to see if you can find anything useful," Naru declared, moving away from us. I did the same and walked over to a small window that was hidden in the back. Looking down through it, I saw a giant garden filled with lots of flowers, vegetables, and bushes. Trees too. Mostly Willow trees.

"How pretty," I whispered softly, smiling to myself. That's when I felt it. A hand on my lower back, a cold one. Eyes widening, I slowly looked over my shoulder to see the little boy staring up at me with a glint in his deep colored eyes.

"You're next."

And that's when I was pushed forward, and through the glass, screaming out startled, I felt the air rush past me and as parts of the houses and various windows. And then it became black, along with a sickening crunch.

The last thing I remember were how colorful the blue skies were, and that the boy had watched me from the window, waving a little.