His eyes widened in horror. “Chill out” he said putting his hands up in defense. “It was a joke”.

“Wear it please. For me?” I said poking out my bottom lip.

With a sigh, Jace gave in and put the bracelet on. “You know I can’t say no”.

“Because you’re whipped” Peter said slipping on the pink bracelet and examining his arm.

“Right” Jace said slowly as we all began to laugh.

“I never did thank you two for earlier. My attitude was so obnoxious. Thanks for cheering me up” Kristen said.

“No problem! And don’t forget what we told you” Essence said.

“What happened earlier?” Taylor asked.

“Mind your beeswax” she said giving him a quick peck on the lips before going back to her plate of food.

“I have a surprise for you later” Jace said as his lips were on my ear again causing the shiver.

“You have to stop doing that” I said blushing like I got caught doing something I wasn’t supposed to.

“Doing what?’ he asked playing dumb leaving his lips right where they were.

“What’s the surprise?” I asked him playing along.

“You always wanna ruin it. It’s a surprise for a reason” he said removing his lips and going back to his food.

I giggled as I rolled my eyes. He was being such a tease.

“Well I can’t wait till later” I said putting my lips close to his ear and watching him shiver the same way he made me.

Turning to Essence, we gave each other a high five as everyone began to laugh.

“Oh Jace, you are definitely whipped bro” Kristen laughed.

"Yeah, such a sucker” Peter added.

“What’s wrong with being whipped? I think it’s cute” Essence said crossing her arms playfully, faking anger.

“Well- you see, nothing. I mean- it’s not bad- I just” Peter stuttered as this set off a fresh round of laughter at the table.

“Cat got my boys tongue” Peter’s dad said with a smirk.

“I’m just teasing” Essence said squeezing Peter’s hand.

He glared before stealing a piece of chicken from her plate. “No chicken for you”.

She stuck her tongue out and began eating her turkey.

………………………………………………………….

Jace POV

Once dinner was over, I led Spencer up to my room for her Christmas present that I had been dying to give to her.

She sat on my bed as I walked into my closet.

“I wasn’t actually sure if you were going to get me anything” she said chuckling softly. “I told myself to get a gift for you anyway”.

“Now why would I do that?” I asked coming back out with a small sized box that I asked my mom to wrap.

My wrapping skills were non- existent. I had zero.