Chapter 1

"Well that's all for this episode, if you'd like to continue to keep track of Dil's life hit subscribe down below, check out our previous video over there, and we'll see you next time! Bye!"

The all too familiar voices of your Youtube idols Dan Howell and Phil Lester fade into the silence of your dimly lit bedroom. Your eyelids droop as you check your phone. 2 am. Not an irregular night for you, as it's summer and you're finally free from the responsibility of university. Dan and Phil have been your favorite Youtubers for years ever since your friend showed you Dan's video about inappropriate winking. That was your freshman year of high school, and you just finished your freshman year of college. You're obsessed, there's no denying. What's not to love about two dorky, attractive British boys whose embarrassing moments make you feel like slightly less of a failure? Not to mention the fact that they make you laugh when you're super sad and depressed about the train wreck that is your life.

You yawn, eyes burning, gently closing your laptop and setting it beside you on your bed. Your tired mind drifts to thoughts of Dan and Phil, and what you would do if you ever got a chance to meet them. You've been dreaming of it for years, but have never been able to go to VidCon or any other meet and greets. You started working at Victoria's  Secret over the summer not only because you love the store but also to get some money to hopefully save up to finally go to one of those conventions and meet the two boys who you've been pining over for years. You drift off, head swimming with pleasant images of getting a hug from Dan and Phil, a daydream that, hopefully, would eventually come to fruition at some point in your life.