I Want Out.

A/N: There is a small scene that is a little sexual but it isn't too bad. 

Chapter 12

Riley opened her eyes and rolled onto Lucas' chest, inching her body as close as possible to his. "Last night was incredible." he whispered, while hugging her tighter.

"That is extremely true. I mean it's always great whenever we do that but why was last night so-"

"Different?" He interrupted, "I don't know. After you fell asleep I tried to figure it out but couldn't put my finger on it." The brunette tapped her fingers on his chest.

"Hey, I never did ask you. What happened at Whitney's last night?"

He lifted his arm and rubbed his eyes. "He left quietly, no fuss and I made it clear to Whitney she needs to get that restraining order because we are only talking about the house from now on."

The dancer lifted herself off of him to get a better look at him, "that wasn't nice baby."

"She told her ex that I was her boyfriend."

Riley's arms flew up in the air and she dropped back on the layer of pillows behind her. "I give up."

"On what?" The officer rolled on his side and pulled her towards him.

"On trying to keep women off of you. Apparently me being your fiancée means nothing to some people and I'm fixing to start snappin' necks!" The meadow eyed man laughed and kissed her cheek several times, "you're just too perfect."

"I'm not perfect." He whispered and continued to kiss her.

"Yes you are. You're handsome and funny, sweet, sexy, protective, and a cop! You're like catnip but for women. Did you have this problem with Missy? Women flocking all over you at all times?"

His lips pulled off of her cheek for a second. "No but I also went to work and came home. I didn't go out around women, not until you came around."

"It was me ordering that lonestar beer wasn't it? That's what did you in." Riley joked.

"Everything about you did me in! Your eyes, hair, body, smile everything about you was and is everything I wanted." As she rolled out of bed she felt his hand leave her thigh. "NO!"

"Awe don't be sad. I'm just going to check the mail, and take the dogs out! I'll be back." Within seconds she was gone and Lucas closed his eyes, not thinking anything of it. "Geez, when was the last time we checked this thing?" He heard the dog tags banging against each other and the brunette tossed the pile of mail on the bed, beginning to look through it. "Junk, junk, junk. This is why we hardly check the mail!"

Lucas grinned and opened his eyes, it's like he opened the doorway to his memory. "Riles why don't you hop in the shower. I'll finish going through this and join you in a few minutes." She leaned down and kissed him.

"Thanks baby." As soon as the shower curtain closed he dug through the pile quickly. "OH DON'T FORGET WE HAVE THE CAKE TESTING TODAY!"

"Okay sweetheart!" A lone envelope remained, there was no return address but there was also no stamp either. Was the last letter like that? Lucas tore it open and glanced at the words that would cut Riley to the core and diminish all progress she's made.

You owe me.

"RILES I'M GONNA MAKE A QUICK PHONE CALL!" He snatched his phone off the charger and trudged into the living room.

Dr. Knicks please. This is Officer Friar.
This is he.
Got another fucking letter doc.
Oh Lord, what'd it say?
You owe me. The same damn thing he told her while he raped her, and the same thing he left on her pillow when he broke into her house. I want these to stop, NOW!
I don't understand how they're getting out. Nothing is being sent out under his name.
It doesn't have a stamp, someone has to be sneaking them- has he had any visitors?
Uh yes, that Bradford woman.
I told you to bar her access! That's how these letters are getting here! Why haven't I gotten that update?
What update?
What update? I get e-mails daily on his recovery and you don't think to mention anything about the woman who I've asked you to prevent him from seeing, making random visits?
Officer Friar, I apologize. I will get it taken care of immediately.
I suggest you do that, since it already should've been done. I'll be checking in soon.