Chapter 4

After the terrible night when Caroline had lost her boyfriend and all of her friends, Caroline had been a robot. Sleep, eat (well drink may be a more appropriate word), school, repeat. Sleep, drink, school, repeat.

Caroline had been avoiding her friends- or ex friends- and trudged through school every day, trying to catch up on her missed work and trying to make it through senior year. That was all Caroline wanted to do, she just wanted to leave. Leave Mystic Falls, leave her relationships, leave her past.

Klaus hadn't tried to contact Caroline and neither did any of her friends. She would have thought that after the falling out with Tyler, her best friends of more than 10 years would try and talk to her and see what had happened. But of course they didn't.

Caroline wasn't important.

Caroline had always felt second best in her relationships with her friends. Especially since the Salvatore's showed up. That's why Caroline felt ecstatic when she was with Tyler, she was first. But then Hayley popped up in the picture

Hayley.

Hayley.

Ever since Tyler had come back from his breaking-the-sire-bond trip because Klaus had decided to leave for Europe, Tyler brought something with him. And that was Hayley.

Caroline had a feeling that her and Tyler would have ended it sometime soon because of her, Hayley had created a break in her and Tyler's relationship. But Caroline never thought that their relationship would have ended so soon, or the way it had ended.

As Caroline let all these thoughts pass through her head, she walked towards The Grill. Hoping, praying even that none of her friends were there. As Caroline walked in, she found that it was mostly empty, except for the presence of a few random people, and man at the bar and a couple bartenders and such. Caroline breathed sigh of relief, glad that no one that she really knew was here.

Walking in, Caroline sat herself down at the bar. Looking the bartender, Caroline focused in on his eyes, squinting hers a bit.

"Give me something. Strong. Now," Caroline demanded to the bartender.

"Wow, I didn't know you were the type to compel people to drink."

Of course he was here.

"Can I help you, Klaus?" Caroline bit out with false perkiness laced in her voice.

Caroline watched as Klaus moved a seat over so he was right next to her. Caroline tensed at the closeness; she could even feel the heat radiating off of him.

"Actually darling," Klaus began, gulping down the shot that was in front of him, "You can."

Caroline's eyebrows shot up, how was she supposed to help him? Klaus was bad and she was good. There was no working together with these two. Although Caroline could use some time with someone else considering all of her friends had abandoned her, even if it was Klaus who was keeping her company.