Chapter 1 ~ Clap backs for days

{AN: Low key forgot Dan was a Drama kid in high school but oh well he's gonna be a flipping singer in this story.}

Dan ambles through the now intimidating front gates of LHSA. Shooting a hesitant glance at his mother for support, Dan clutches his acceptance letter in-between his sweaty palms. He then takes a step back suddenly regretting that idea of living somewhere other than his home.

"Ohohoho! Don't tell me the all great and powerful Dan Howell is afraid to leave the comfort of his mother's love?" she teases in a dramatic tone. The tips of Dan ears redden as he shoves his mom lightly.

" I am not afraid." he utters stubbornly. "Just, s-slightly reluctant." Dan stammers. Dan's mom gives him a look of pity before she brings her son into a warm embrace.

"I know you're scared but, I have paid too much money for you to back out at the last minute. Now go to your assigned dorm and suck it up pipsqueak! You're fifteen not three." She retorts while giving him a thump on the head. "Go on now. Your luggage should already be there." she informs while pushing him towards the front office. "Bye! See you on Fall Break." With that she disappeared behind the large walls leaving a lost Daniel. A̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶H̶u̶m̶a̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶r̶i̶m̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶i̶n̶d̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶g̶r̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶g̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶S̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶.̶

As Dan walks into the office he is met with a woman smiling widely. The older lady had bright orange skin as if she was a Survivor from being stranded on the hottest desert. The wrinkles in her face were full of stress and age. She tried hard to cover up the blemishes and flaws with heavy makeup; including dark blue eyeshadow that traced along the top of her eyes to her bags. Her hair was in a stiff style sticking to her shoulders, barely shifting when she turned her head. Dan thought the flaxen yellow strands resembled pee stained glass you would find at a dog park. He visibly shivered.

"Hello there. I'm Mrs. Cushionmat-hutburgh. A lot of the kids here call me Mrs.Kush but ethiers fine. I'm the headmaster here at LHSA and it's always nice to meet my new students." she says enthusiastically while putting her hand on Dan's shoulder. He inwardly cringes while trying to figure out how to remove himself from the current setting. He was about to speak up when another student walked through the door. Dan let out a sigh of relief as the orange nightmare latched on to her next victim. Quickly he maneuvered around all the large desks and made his way towards the housing list pinned to the wall.

"Sam and Dean, Kazoo Kid and Dat Boi," Dan lists under his breath. "Dani- Oh here we are. Rooooomm... 420? Of course that's the number I get." Dan rolls his eyes and heads out the back door into the vast private school campus. The smell of freshly cut grass attacks his nose as he follows the familiar route to the Boys Dormitory.

-The atmosphere of this school is way different then I imagined. Yeah there was the occasional song break out here and there as I walked across but it just seemed like the high school I went to before. Boring and anticlimactic. Looking around, the only visible difference is all these students walking around with every color of the rainbow in their hair.
"Here at LHSA you're child will experience a completely different environment." Dan mocked in a high pitched voice just as he tripped over someone's large tuba case. Hiding his face in his hoodie, He apologizes quickly and makes his way towards room 420.
________________

Dan knocks hesitantly on the wooden door and jumps back. He's seen every cliche movie like this. The new kid gets roomed with the popular jock and he gets beat to a pulp. He was not taking any chances. Anxiety builds up in Dan's chest as the seconds go by with no turn of the door handle. Risking it, he walks up and starts to knock a second time when suddenly the door was thrown wide open. Dan stumbles back in surprising falling on his ass. As he looks up he's met with a pair of curious sapphire eyes. He holds his hand out and Dan eyes it skeptically before taking the offer.

"Hi, the names Troye Sivan." The blue eyed boy chuckles while hoisting Dan up on his feet. The boy had a small head with shaved sides and a mop of curly brown hair on the top. His face was blemish free and slightly tanned with a pair of full pink lips. Accompanying his nose was a small silver nose ring. He wore a plain white cottoned shirt with black shoes and jeans. "Sorry I didn't open the door faster, I was organizing some CDs. Oh I almost forgot." Troye says as he digs in his back pocket and pulls out a black key chain. "Here's your room key. Don't loose it or its a 100$ replacement fine."

"Ah thank you. Also my name is Daniel Howell but you can just call me Dan." he replies while swinging the small chain around his finger and walking into the room. As Dan walks around the fairly large dorm he spots his bags and stars unpacking.

"So." Troye pipes up while hanging up some shirts. "What's your major?"

"Vocal Music. You?" Dan questions back.

"Same! What song did you sing for your audition? I sung a song I wrote my self called Happy Little Pill." he replies happily.

"Really? You'll have to sing it for me one day. Also I sung Toxic by Brittany Spears."Dan says in a completely serious voice. Troye stares at the brunette suspiciously.

"Are you pulling my leg right now. You did not sing Toxic."

"Okay okay I made up some lyrics and sung along to a song called Ingenue on the piano."

"Good I thought I was going to have to disown you." Troye and Dan both laughed as they chatted away learning more and more about each other.

{AN: HA I BET you thought PHIL WAS GONNA BE HIS ROOMMATE. NOPE THATS TOO OBVIOUS. Anyway this only had 1065 words. I'm not that good at making extra super long chapters and shiz but what ever any ways thanks for reading and all that good stuff .

 I'm not that good at making extra super long chapters and shiz but what ever any ways thanks for reading and all that good stuff

there's the housing list because I just felt like someone may have wanted to see it. Anyway bye-bye}