“Hello?”

            “Damien!” I said, happy to hear his voice again. It’s been too long since I’ve talked to him.

            “Anna! Hey! How’s it going, cousin?” he asked me.

            I dismissed his question, saving it for later. “Where are you? Your group showed up in my backyard the other day looking for you,”

            He chuckled. “Yeah, I know. I’m inNorth Carolinastaying with my uncle for a while,”

            “That’s what I thought. How long are you staying there?” I asked him. I could feel my dad giving me glares from across the room as I chatted casually with him. I just smiled, ignoring him even though I know our situation right now is urgent. I needed this care-free time right now.

            “Um, as long as I possibly can,” Confused by this I asked him what he meant. “It’s… I have found her, and you know how that is, with James an all,” He must be around a human, that’s the only reason he would be re-wording things.

            I gasped a wide grinning spreading onto my face. “You did?! That’s amazing!” I cried into the phone. “What’s her name?”

            Damien laughed at my behavior. “I can’t say now,”

            I frowned. “Oh, is she with you?”

            “Yeah,” he said. “I’ll call you back later and tell you then, ‘k?”

            “Okay,” I heard my dad cleared his throat. “Oh! I have to ask you something kind of important…” I trailed off.

            Next to me, James absentmindedly began stroking my hair again. “What is it?” Damien asked over the phone.

            “I was wondering if you could come out here and track someone down for me,” I hesitated before adding the next part, “He’s back, Damien, and he knows where I live. He’s gone after me twice now and now he’s going after me and my mate,” James’ fingers froze in my hair for a split second before weaving back through my hair.

            “Him again? I thought you were done with that filthy, good-for-nothing guy,” Damien said.

            “Yeah… he’s back,” I told him.

            “Okay, I’ll try to make it there as soon as possible. Traveling across the country takes time. I might be able to be there by Wednesday,” Damien said.

            I sighed in relief. “Great, thank you so much,”

            “No problem, cousin. See you Wednesday,”

            “Bye,” I said, hanging up and looking around at my parents, noticing my mom had gotten off of the couch to stand by my father. “He said he could be here by Wednesday,”

            “Okay, great. We’ll be outside waiting for the pack,” and both of my parents left the house.

            James groaned. “Can’t he be here tomorrow?”

            I laughed at his impatience, “I can live for four days, James.”

            He gave me a doubtful look and pursed his lips, “As long as you never leave my side,” James said.

            I pretended to think about this. “Hm…” James growled and I laughed. “Fine, I guess you can stay with me,”

            He cocked and eyebrow at me. “You guess?”