I looked across the field to see the beginnings of a football match emerging; one team where the beta and a few members of our pack, and on the other side there was Klaus's beta and a few members of their pack.

"Come on boys lets teach these American's how to play a proper game of football." The beta grinned, and Klaus's Beta rolled his eyes (I was yet to find out his name.)

"Boys, that's the English word for soccer" He laughed to his team, and they all nodded in realization.

"And we'll still kick your ass." A blonde one from their team laughed, and then kissed their beta on the cheek, before sending a wink at our beta. I smiled as our team seemed fazed entirely by the idea of the two of them being gay.

"Good luck boys, wouldn't want you beaten by fairy's do we now?" Their beta laughed teasingly, but the atmosphere remained light as they kicked off.

My eyes then landed on a Klaus and Sky. His arms were wrapped around her protectively. I felt as if I was nosing into a personal moment as he reached up and ran his hand across her jaw. Saying something I couldn't hear but by the blush on her cheeks, I would have guessed it was something mushy and romantic. Their reunion at the tree house ran through my mind, and I sighed slightly. Since the beta had accepted Wesley as alpha. He's been too busy talking about pack arrangements for about half an hour, he then told me he'd left something in the dungeon and that he would be back in a minute. This so-called minute soon turned into ten, then twenty. In the end, I got tired of waiting and irritated I stormed up the stairs until I got to my room, and showered.

It had now been about an hour, and as I looked around the yard, he was still nowhere to be found.

"One minute my ass" I mumbled to myself in annoyance. I missed him, and all I wanted to do Is be in his arms and let him kiss me like Klaus did to Sky...

"Meh, Klaus's reunion was way too cliché." He whispered in my ear, and I jumped slightly, as his arms wound around my waist and pulled me back into his chest.

"What?" I whispered slightly confused. How did he know what I was thinking....Oh yeah, he's my alpha now.

"Follow me" I mumbled as he gently touched his lips to my aching neck. I shivered slightly as an overwhelming sense of need spread across my body. – A need for him to mark me.

"Is that an order alpha?" I whispered with a smile, my previous annoyance now leaving me entirely.

"It sure Is babe" He chuckled, kissed my neck and then unwrapped his arms from my waist and started walking towards the surrounding trees.

I rolled my eyes but followed him all the same. For some reason I couldn't shake the impression that he was nervous, but why I had no idea.

He came to a stop just inside the confinement of the trees, turned around and pulled me into him, grabbing hold of my head and kissing me with so much passion that I struggled to keep my heart going at a workable speed. I opened my mouth immediately as soon as he nibbled at my bottom lip. I was kissing -fighting for dominance even though I knew he would win when he abruptly pulled away and turned away from me.

"I should do this a different way..." I muttered, and I looked at his back in confusion. "I mean my mom said I should wait but..."He looked back at me and frowned, he looked terrified.

"What's the matter?" I probed him, but he shook his head.

"F*ck it" He muttered to himself, and then I nearly choked as he bowed his head and... went down on one knee... Oh my god...oh my god... what's he doing...

"Evie, I know I've known you for..." He shook his head slightly, "Only a few days, but I love you and I... I'll be beside you forever. I'll give you anything you want or need, and I'll love you until I take my last breath. I've never been one to wait around. What's the point in waiting when I know right now that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up every morning with you in my arms. I want yours to be the last eyes I see before I sleep at night and the first thing I see when I wake up..." He looked away embarrassed before he looked back up to me, gulping before he started again. "I love you Evie and only you, I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you so Evelyn Jenson, we can get to know each other more later, but right now... Will you marry me?"

I didn't know what to say as he pulled out the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen in my life, but I stared at it for a mere second before looking back at Wesley. He looked so nervous as I stood there speechless. Had he really just asked me to marry him? That was ridiculous we'd only just met! I mean of course he was my mate, so it was inevitable that it was going to happen. I loved him – He obviously loved me... but marriage?

"Isn't that what marriage is about?" He whispered, and I gapped at him, he was listening into my thoughts? He got up and stood in front of me. His free hand taking hold of mine which I realized was now shaking slightly.

"Love" He whispered, with a slight smile. "A promise to the other, that we'd spend the rest of our lives together." He pressed his lips gently to my own. "Wanting to spend the rest of our lives together as one."

"B...but why so soon?" I managed to gasp out, still in shock.

"Why wait around for the inevitable? You're my mate, we're going to spend the rest of our lives with each other anyway, so why not get engaged?" He asked and then frowned upset. "Unless you don't feel the same way" He whispered dejectedly and turned away from me, but not before I saw the hurt in his eyes.

"I... I..., Of course, I feel the same way" I smiled lightly looking at my left hand, staring at my ring finger. There was a silence from both of us as I thought about what it would be like to wear his ring, to know that I belonged to him and he belonged to me.

"Yes," I whispered around a smile.

"What?" He asked me confused.

"You asked a question, the answer is yes" I grinned and threw my arms around his neck and kissed his lips, but he was frozen in my arms, a look of confusion in his eyes. I bit my lip and smiled.

"I'll marry you silly" I whispered in his ear, and I heard his out-take of breath, as his arms wrapped around my waist before his lips crashed to mine.

His lips were rough against mine as he gently pushed me backward until my back hit something hard, I broke off the kiss and looked up to see it was a tree. Turning back I noticed as he took hold of my left hand in both of his, before leaning back into me – placing his lips at my neck. I shivered slightly in anticipation, knowing what he was about to do.

"I love you" He murmured into my skin, and then as he slid the ring onto my ring finger his teeth bit into my neck – marking me as his. His unmarked territory.

---