34.1 - 'Too Little Too Late'

Klaus's POV,

By the time me and my brother had hobbled back to the house, there was a gathered crowd, not only of the pack members which had come with us but also of pack members which had stayed behind.

I didn't want to look at any of them, I didn't want to see the remorse plastered all over their faces.

I just wanted to be alone.

But of course I couldn't do that right now, my main priority was getting her back, and I just needed to suck up the part of me that quite literally wanted to buckle at the knees and cry.

As I stood in front of my pack, I closed my eyes and began to focus. I needed to plan and fast. I was Alpha after all.

"I want to go male quarter in. I want all Female's here. No exceptions and I want all children up to age sixteen here too." I told them scanning over the faces of my pack. I tend to start my boys at sixteen because I want them to start training early, so the more experience, the better. I like my pack to be strong.

"So I want all of the Erikson, Montigro, Manson and Mearfount's" I listed off the family names who consisted of only elders, women and young children meaning they would be least useful in a fight; to stay back to keep watch of the pack. While the others would come to fight these British a$sholes who took my angel.

"I want unit 1 for investigating, we know the rough whereabouts of where they're taking her, but I need an exact location." I had broken my pack down into units. It was how things ran around here. Unit 1 was the locators and the central planners in a battle situation. Unit 2 was there to get any information possible on our enemy's. And lastly Unit 3 was a group full of my most reliable and fittest fighters, they were what I called the 'front line' in the battle. Yet of course, Unit 1 and 2 would also be fighting when the time comes too.

"Unit 2, you know what I want. I want pack information." Immediately they knew what I mean; I wanted pack numbers, weaknesses and information, which I could use against them in battle.

"Right now I want unit three to run with me to the airport, to see if we can catch the bastards before they take off," I told them fiercely, and they all growled in agreement and immediately I was surrounded by my Unit 3's in their wolf forms.

I was partway threw shifting myself when an unbearable pain shot through my leg like I had been shot a second time. My eyes dropped to my still human leg, and I was shocked at the amount of blood still pouring out of it. It made me feel queasy, but I shook the feelings away and focused my mind on shifting again. Yet as my shaking increased so did the pain, until my leg literally felt as if it was being sawed off by a chainsaw.

I growled in pain and frustration. WHY CANT I F*CKING CHANGE! I was getting pissed as I tried again but it was no use, the closer I got to changing the more agonizing the pain became. Yet I refused to admit that it was going to stop me. The bullet was out for Pete's sake!

"Son, just stay here and heal. There is no way you can come with us in your condition. You're only holding us back" My father spoke up honestly, causing me to look up at him and growl in hatred.

"She's my mate, I have to save her!" I yelled as I fought back the tears, which were threatening to escape. I will not cry. Not in front of my pack.

"Staying behind is the only way you can" He spoke calmly, which only seemed to add to my frustration.

"I can't do that!"

"You have no choice" He frowned. "I'll lead them," He told me when I didn't respond. Even though I hated the fact I couldn't go, I knew I had no choice. The pain was so severe, I couldn't even change let alone run like the wind and fight the bastards. As my father says, I would only hold them back.