2

I woke up to the sound of beeps of the machine by my side, confused and with a headache that was about to kill me. I tried opening my eyes but shut them instantly after the intense light hits me, so I tried again slower this time.

Where the fuck was I?

I tried sitting down but I felt a sharp pain on my back so I screamed loudly with tears welling up my eyes.

"What happened?!" someone screamed a few steps away from me which made me look around fast.

From what I could see I was in a hospital room, there was some food almost untouched on the table that was on the right side of the bed and there was Ruby Rose sitting on a couch in front of me. Yeah, a totally normal scenario to wake up to.

"I should be the one asking that!" I screamed, the confusion was making me angrier with every second that passed. I was scared, fuck it, I was shitting myself because I had no idea what had happened to me that led me to be here.

Then the images of the night before suddenly hit me, making the headache so much worse that I had to close my eyes and put my head in my hands.

Someone had stolen everything I had on me after I spent the night at a club where a guy hit up on me right before he tried to drugged me and Ruby Rose a famous DJ and actress saved my ass by inviting me backstage and then asked me out.

What the fuck.

Had it been only one night?

"Are you okay?" I looked at her way too serious because of the irony of her question. "Oh shit, I'm sorry, I know you're not"

"Why are you here?" I tried not to sound too annoyed because she actually looked concerned about me, which was weird.

"I got a call from the cops" I gave her a confused look, why did they call her? it's not like we were family, or close friends or anything, we literally only had shared like two words. "He took your phone and you had my number on your arm" she said when she noticed what I had been thinking.

Oh, right.

"I was so scared, I thought it had been the guy from the club, I thought he might had..." her gaze went to the floor.

"I'm pretty sure it wasn't him, but the man who did it left me really bruised, everything hurts"

"The cops are looking for him," she said "they came earlier today but you were still unconscious; it's gonna be hard tho, because no one saw anything"

"I'm just glad I'm alive, to be honest" I replied looking at her and giving her a little smile, I was so thankful that even though we were literally strangers from one another, she actually had been worried about me.

"I'm glad too" she said with her cheeks a bit red. "The doctors said you might be able to go home once you had woken up so... you want me to call him?"

I nodded and she left the room for a while leaving me thinking. Why did she come? I mean she was a famous person that surely must had more interesting things to do than taking care of a girl she met at a club; the food by my side must had been hers and she had only had like two bites, and I was definitely sure she was wearing the same shirt as yesterday.

She came back in about three minutes with the doctor, an old man with some papers on his hand.

"Hello, Joy, we are really glad you are awake now." he said once he was by my side "We examined you to make sure of how many wounds you suffered from the attack yesterday but thankfully it's only some bruises on your back and your stomach," he took some pills from his coat "luckily these will help with the pain" he finished.

"Thank you so much" I replied.

"No problem, you're really lucky to have this girl that took care of every-"

"Yeah well, can she go home now, then?" Ruby suddenly interrupted.

NO WAY. I was not gonna let her take care of my expenses at any cost. I did not wanted to be in debt with her.

"Of course, a nurse will come here with her clothes so she can change"

"Thank you, but I'll lend her some of my clothes for now" she smiled softly at him and he nodded walking away.

"Tell me you did not took care of the hospital expenses" my expression was dead serious.

"I just-"

"I'll pay you as soon as I get a new card" I said totally ignoring what she was going to say.

"You know I don't need that money"

"It's not about if you need it or not... I don't want to owe you anything"

"What if you pay me by going out with me? That would be enough for me" she ran her hand through her hair the same way she had done the night before, it was like a nervous tick which was actually really cute.

"I don't know" I said. I knew she was hitting on me, and of course I knew she liked girls, every single person in the world knew that because well... she was pretty well known after acting on that netflix show. And I also knew I was straight. I mean, yeah, I know when a girl is hot, but no, I had never being actually attracted to one, so leading her on was not a good idea since I would never let anything happen between us. But she was nice, and she cared about me so the last thing I could do was to say yes.

"I promise I can be fun" she said with a little smile and pleading eyes.

There was no way I could say no after that.

"Alright" I looked at her smiling trying to look excited.

The nurse came right after our conversation ended and she went out after giving me a shirt and some pants to give me the privacy I needed to change. It was painful and slow since my body was all bruised but in about fifteen minutes I went out and we got out of there.