Ten's POV

I stand on the beach with her this time, more than a hologram, knowing that once again, I have to leave her here.

She looks at me and says, "Alright then, both of you, when I last stood on this beach on, the worst day of my life, what was the last thing you said to me?" I immediately know where this is going, weather I want it to or not.

"I said, 'Rose Tyler,'" I tell her.

"And how was that sentence going to end?" she asks, her eyes begging me to say what I so want to say.

'I love you!' I want to scream, 'Rose Tyler, I love you more than all of he galaxies in the universe and life itself!'

But I can't. I can't be selfish. She deserves so much more than that. So instead I say, "Does it need saying?" keeping myself composed on the outside, while on the inside I'm kicking and screaming, 'Yes! It does need saying! I love you! I love you! Rose Tyler, I love you!'

I can see the pain in her eyes, but if I love her I have to do this. I know that. I watch as she turns to the other me and says quietly, "And you?" I watch as he leans in and whispers what I'm dying to say.

And she pulls him in, and she kisses him. Inside, I'm kicking and screaming and crying. I thought I would never feel more pain than the day I burned Gallifrey. But I was wrong. I can't watch this.

I motion to Donna to get back into the TARDIS, and I watch through the video screen as the pull away from each other to watch me fly away. They'll be happy together. I had to do this. I had no choice. I love her too much.