Chapter Five

I pulled away from the hug to see that I had stained Luke's shirt with tears and makeup. "I'm sorry 'bout your shirt," I said, awkwardly trying to rub the dark spot of his shirt, and only making it worse.

"It's all good," Luke laughed, his arms still around my waist.

"Welp, we should probably head back so you can change before anyone gets to your house," I said, pulling back away from him, wiping my eyes free from any smudged eyeliner and mascara. He nodded and we started walking towards his house in silence. When we got to our street, we started to part our separate ways so he could change and I could wash my face.

"Oh, Ash?" Luke called before I could turn up my driveway.

"Yea?" I questioned, turning back around to face him.

"Don't put anymore makeup on. You look perfectly fine without it," he said with a small smile. I smiled awkwardly and made my way up the driveway and inside te house, my face heating up. Well, that was interesting.

I cleaned my face and, to Luke's request, didn't bother re-doing my makeup except for covering the tear stains with a little powder. When I finished, I grabbed my iPod, some money (you never know what those boys will decide to do during "band prac"), and my house key. I locked the door behind me, since my mom was at work, and walked to Luke's house. When I went inside his house, I went to the living room to see Michael with his guitar, Ashton with his drum box what-cha-ma-call-it, and Stella setting up a camera.

"Where's Luke and Cal?" I asked, plopping down on an arm chair acrossfrom the boys and next to Stella.

"Upstairs in Luke's room. They'll be right down," Ashton answered for me, since Michael was too busy practicing the guitar chords and Stella was playing around with the camera. True to Ashton's word, I heard thundering footsteps come down the stairs moments later.

"Heya, Ash," Cal said, referring to me.

"Hey," Ashton and I both answered, him grinning cheekily.

"Are you guys ready?" Stella asked. She had sort of become the honorary filmographer for the boys since she met them.

"Two seconds," Luke answered. I noticed he had changed from his t-shirt to a maroon singlet. I hope the makeup stain comes out of the shirt. Luke sat on the floor next to Michael's chair, and Calum sat between Luke and Ashton, who was sitting on his box drum.

"Ok, ready," he said once he and Calum had gotten situated.

They started the video by introducing Ashton as their new drummer and what song they were doing: Teenage Dirtbag. Stella was concentrated on the filming (I'm sure she was actually just watching Ashton through the camera.) while I was watching Luke as he sang. I even watched him while Calum and Mikey sang, unless he was looking at me, then I would turn away to look at one of the other boys. I don't know why, I just loved watching him sing. Most of the time, I ended up laughing at his facial expressions and, if he caught me, he would make even funnier faces. They finally got a good take after three tries. In the first one, Luke somehow ended up sneezing in the middle of a solo; in the second, Calum completely forgot his verse. The third take was the best, because no mistakes were made in the middle of the song, even though the boys were trying to get the dog to come over to them while they sang.

"Now that that's finally over and my butt is numb from sitting on the floor for so long, what do you guys want to do?" Calum asked, rising from his position on he floor and stretching his arms over his head.

"I'm hungry," Luke said, also standing up.

"You're always hungry," I retorted. He stuck his tongue out at me and squeezed into the chair with me.