Long Gone

The pale blue gloom of my dimly lit bedroom

Does nothing to mellow the storm of feelings within me.

The clock ticks, methodically counting down my doom

While the blaring computer screen tries to comfort my surging sea.

This endless barrage of stress and woe is too much,

Creating a tempest that is far to fierce for me to handle.

Nothing can help to substitute my longing for the things I cannot touch

And trying seems to make things worse, like starving a flickering candle.

In frustration, my hand pummels the wall

Slamming harder and harder until my knuckles are bloody and raw.

Tears begin to well as I realize there is nowhere left to fall

And I continue to beat upon my surround, anger fuelled by my every flaw.

This rage never ceases, even when my hands can no longer feel.

The barrier beside me is my new enemy, every face I have come to abhor.

I break upon my foes with a new found rage, my revenge almost seeming real.

What have I accomplished now, beyond making my bloody hands sore?

Before I fall into deeper dejection, my ceaseless blows begin to cause the wall to crack.

These lines spread out beside me, seeming to break the very foundation of reality.

As the fissures begin to widen, I contemplate my future as it seems to grow black.

This fear and distress is starting to take a chilly grip in their actuality.

Forsaking this rotten existence, I tear into the fledgling crevices,

Pulling back piece after piece, revealing a vastness, once hidden by the barriers of this dimension.

This hole in the wall is just large enough for me to creep through on my haunches,

And I contemplate this possibility of escaping, gaining freedom from this ceaseless tension.

While the emptyness beyond this room is frightening,

It still entices me with its sweet song of liberation.

I hope this adventure will be enlightening,

While I am excited at the chance to elude my constant frustration.

I climb through the rift in my wall, an iciness passing through me as I cross the threshold.

A tiny light beckons, breathing more promise into this new dawn.

Still, I am fearful as to how this trip may unfold.

As the pieces of the wall seal up behind me I dissappear to the natural world, gone.