Chapter 7

(Authors note: It's written in first person because that's how I originally started the story. I've slowly gone over the other chapters changing them,  but I'm not quite there yet. So please forgive the inconvenience/confusion it causes. It will be edited, I promise. PS. This chapter contains sexual content.)

I stood there contemplating what had just happened? Who and what was Carla talking about when she'd said 'He will get bored of you, then toss you away like a piece of garbage'? I wished she'd stayed and explained what she meant. Carla didn't like me, that was obvious, but we'd only just met. She had no reason to not like me.

Shaking my head, I pushed the thoughts from my mind and decided to ignore them. I didn't need this on my first day here; I needed to get myself sorted. I'll worry about that little incident later.

I eventually found my way down the staircase where I spotted Geoffrey dusting a magnificent stone sculpture. He insisted on making me a pot of coffee and led me to the kitchen, where there were people busy cooking and preparing food. How much food did the people of this house need? There was enough food here to feed an army.

I spotted Carla tenderising meat. She stopped and looked at me irritably at me with a hammer in her hand. She gripped the hammer tightly and sent me an angry glare. What the fuck? Was she crazy?

Sensing my discomfort, Geoffrey turned to me "You can take a seat on the patio if you like Ms. Henderson. I should be out in a few minutes".

I looked back at Carla, but she had turned away from me and was banging the meat furiously with the hammer, gaining a few questionable looks from the other workers "Thank you Geoffrey". I felt like I was just in the way anyway, so I agreed.

I pushed through the door and walked towards an open patio. I walked out and was welcomed by the bright sun. It was a beautiful day. There was a table set up by a huge swimming pool and I made my way over to it while I admired the cool water.

I sat there for 2 minutes before Geoffrey came out with a tray of coffee. "The master has returned from his trip Ms. Henderson. He has gone to freshen up, and will meet with you soon".

"Ok Geoffrey".  The master? I never really thought about who the master of this estate was. It must be Mary's husband... no wait, he's passed away. I wonder who he is. Suddenly feeling nervous I stood up and made my way to the pool where I sat on the edge. I put my feet in one by one, looked up to the sky and closed my eyes. The sun rays felt amazing.

I heard something beside me move but I assumed it was Geoffrey returning to collect the tray of coffee. I took a deep inhale and smelled that same scent from earlier... It was so familiar... I know this.

Suddenly my mind registered the scent; Lilacs and vanilla. My eyes shot open and I was startled to see a muscular man sitting poolside next to me. I turned to him, slipped and fell into the pool.

It wasn't very deep but when I stood up the pool level was at my chest. A pair of hands reach out to me but I pushed them away "What the fuck!?"

Tyler looked at me startled and then he pissed me off by smirking "Hello Alex".

"You're the master of this house?" I couldn't stand him right now, the memory of that night still vivid in my mind. I wanted to be as far away from him as possible.

He eyed me up and down slowly "Are you going to get out so we can talk or do you want me to join you?" he raised his eyebrow, daring me to accept the challenge.

I scowled at him then lifted myself out of the pool sitting back on the edge. He stood up and offered me a hand to help me up. I looked up at him warning him not to try anything funny, then grabbed his hand. He yanked me up so hard that I actually jumped and landed in his arms.