Chapter 1

"Oh come on, babe. Just come out with us, it'll be fun!" Alex's two best friends, Mel and Tina, had been pestering her to go out with them for months now. And clearly tonight was no exception.

Alex groaned, "You know I'm not into the whole "clubbing" scene." She stood up from their apartment's floor where she'd been working on her art project all day. "And besides," she stretched then looked down at herself, "I'm covered in paint!"

Tee shrugged and spoke in her hurry-the-fuck-up tone, "You know where the shower is."

Alex huffed, dragging her feet across the ground as she tried to come up with a good excuse. "And we're not taking no for an answer." Mel added, reading her thoughts.

She heard her two gimlets, as she liked to call them, giggling as she closed the bathroom door. Sighing, she got into the shower and attempted to scrub the paint from her body. Her hands were still slightly blue but she didn't care, she wasn't trying to impress anyone. This was supposed to be a girl's night. Not that she had a choice in the matter.

Wrapping a towel around herself, Alex walked into the living room and slumped onto the couch. She took in the spectacle as Mel and Tee got all dolled-up. The music was turned up as hairspray and makeup brushes were tossed around like crazy. They looked gorgeous and were patently dressed to kill; Tee in a strapless red dress that amplified her figure and Mel in a shimmering silver number that split suggestively above the knee.

Mel was about to spritz herself with her favourite Dior perfume when she spotted Alex. "What are you doing?" she asked briskly. "Get ready!"

"I have nothing to wear! You both look amazing but you've seen my closet and know I have nothing suitable to go out in." She gave them her best puppy-dog eyes, "Can't I just stay home? Pleeease? I promise to let you take me shopping, we can go out then, okay?" Before either of them could reply, and feeling a little pleased with herself, she stood up and headed down the hall.

Alex almost felt triumphant as she reached her bedroom door but then she heard her two gimlets racing towards her. She laughed hysterically while trying to slam the door shut, but wasn't fast enough. They quickly tackled her onto the bed and continued to throw pillows and clothes at her until they were all in fits of laughter.

"Fine!" Alex threw her hands up in surrender. "I'll come. But seriously, what the hell am I going to wear?"

"I have something!" Tee squealed with excitement then bolted out of the room.

She and Mel exchanged a worried look. Tee's closet wasn't exactly tailored for the modest dresser. And as expected, she returned seconds later with a very skimpy LBD.

Alex's jaw dropped. "You're kidding me! You expect me to wear that?" She blushed just looking at it. "No freakin' way. Not gonna happen."

Tee rolled her eyes. "Oh don't be so timid, babe. Your body would look banging in this little number. You have the ass, hips and chest to fill it out—curves any girl would kill for by the way. Just try it on!"

Alex looked to Mel for help but Mel just smiled innocently then pretended to be fascinated by her nails.

"Ugh, fine!" Alex yelled in frustration. "Get out of my room so I can change."

They turned to leave but not before Mel teased, "You have nothing to hide, you sexy beast." Alex showed them her middle finger then shut the door in their faces. Mischievous giggles drifted down the hall.