Chapter 2

- Husband's POV -

I led her up the stairs towards our flat. Her legs were shaky and so were her hands. I slipped my arm around her waist and pulled one of her earphones off to speak to her.

"I'll carry you. You looked tired, love," I said and didn't wait for her response.

As expected, her weight barely made me shed a bead of sweat. She hugged my neck and rested her head on my chest. Her hair smelled of lavender. Just how I liked it. I keyed in the PIN number of our lock and opened the door. I carried her into our bedroom.

I put her down and stroke her hair a few times as I stared at her. She didn't look at me. Her focus was on her iPod.  She was switching songs. I miss her voice. I miss looking directly into her green eyes. I miss the gentle pressure of her lips against mine. I miss my wife so much.

I knelt down in front of her to get her attention. It worked. I pointed my finger at her right ear. She pulled one of her earphones out.

"I'm going to cook something. Do you have any special request?" I asked blissfully - hoping she would smile.

She merely shook her head.

"Would you like some mushroom soup? I'm craving for some," I stated jokingly.

She shrugged her shoulders and turned back to her iPod. I silently let out a sigh and lightly patted her head. I gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm going to the bakery to buy some bread. Bread would go well with the soup, yeah?"

No respond.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. Stay here and get some rest," I said gently - not wanting to let her go.

She nodded. I smiled at her and kissed her forehead once more. I breathed in her scent.

"I love you, Anne,"

With heavy steps, I exited our bedroom where we had our smiles and tears. Both of us had suffered a couple of losses but I helped her got through it. Within months, she was back to her old self - all smiles and giggly. Once she recovered our losses, she couldn't get herself away from me. Every night when I got home from work, she would jumped on my back and tickled me. I got annoyed after a couple times and she could see it. So, she changed tactics by presenting me a cup of tea with a plate of biscuits she baked everyday.

How could I have been so lucky to have her?

She was the perfect wife for me even though we had our problems. But now...all of that was taken away from me. Stolen by greed of a mindless man. I lost her and replaced with someone else who I found difficult. I still love her but...I don't know.

I would never leave her. I will get her back. I will get my wife back and I will kiss her again.