Chapter Thirty-Three: I Currently Have The Self Worth Of An Amoeba

Start from the beginning

"At least we had monogamy honey. I don't know how I'd feel about my boyfriend being more active than a stud horse."

She shoots, she scores. The round goes to Nicole Andrea Bishop, actually wait she wins the whole freaking championship. Someone give her the gaudy gold belt now. I look at Stacie and am actually scared for her. She needs to run, run right now before she suffers a nervous breakdown. Smart girl that she isn't but decides to be, she huffs and shoots us both a death glare and stomps away. I think she might need a therapist after this.

I turn to Nicole who's still watching her latest victim stomp away and try to figure out her latest angle. Why on earth would she stand up for me? Is it because Cole and I are no longer together? Does she think she finally has a shot with him now? Is she going to use me again?

I really, truly don't know, besides both my brain and heart aren't ready for going into that. Who knows what twisted scheme Nicole's working on now? What I do however know is that from now onwards, I need to focus on the positives in my life. It's been a month of moping and while I'm yet to recover from the devastation that is my poor heart, I'm done hurting the people around me. Time to man up Tessa.

"Thanks?" I say to her and she simply shrugs in response.

"I always wanted to say all that to her. It was even more fun than I expected."

Leaning against my locker I study her, "Do you spend your days trying to figure out how to hurt people?"

Facing me she crosses her arms over her chest and raises an eyebrow, "Is that how you normally thank people who help you out."

I huff out, "I never asked for your help. And it's not like I don't remember that, that was me seven months ago."

She whistles lowly, "Well then, next time when I see one of them going at you I'll just leave you to the sharks."

Feeling bad about being mean to her I stop her as she's walking away, "I'm sorry. You were just trying to help but I don't really agree with your method."

"Too soon?"

"Too soon." I agree and she nods, "But can I ask you something?"

Here it comes. She's going to ask me about the breakup. Then she's going to ask if Cole's available and if in the shadow of our newly formed truce she could steal him as smoothly as she's done in the past.

Honestly I might have a love/hate, mostly hate relationship with the guy right now but I'd rather have my hair catch fire than see them together or even entertain the idea.

Preparing to bring my claws out, I practically snap at her "What?"

"I get it that you're really affected by whatever happened with Cole but Tessa what the hell are you doing to yourself? You're mopey and letting people walk all over you. I mean if you had the nerve to stand up to me, the rest of these shitholes should be a walk in the park. When are you going to get a grip and control what's happening?"

I'm rendered speechless. After people tiptoeing around me for so long, never testing my emotional stability, Nicole's words are like a bucket of ice cold water. I'm thrown for a loop, nothing coming to mind as to what could be the right answer. I don't know how to answer her.

It's because she's right. I'm doing it again, being weak and a pushover. The only difference is that now it's not Nicole who's bullying me it's my feelings and my stupid, pathetic blackened heart. All it wants to do is for me to retreat into my shell and whine and cry. It's what I used to do before Cole and now I'm doing it because of him. Oh boy have I come to a twisted full circle.