E i g h t e e n

"This way?"

"Probably."

I hear voices, and my eyes shoot open.

"Kellin," I hiss, shaking the sleeping boy beside me.

"What?" he asks, bewildered as he blinks his sleepy eyes.

"People," I whisper, and he nods. We quietly pick up our blankets and bags. "This way," I say, taking his hand as he struggles to cram the blankets in his bag. Starting to run, we go further into the woods. The voices get further and further away, and I let out a relieved breath.

"Is this far enough?" he asks, breathing heavily.

"Probably," I respond, coming to a stop as we near a path. "Why is there a path this far into the woods?"

Kellin shrugs, sticking out his bottom lip and widening his green eyes.

"God, you're so cute," I breathe before dropping my bag and pulling him to me. He squeals in surprise, and I press my lips to his. He giggles against me, dropping his bag and putting his hands on my hips. A part of me realizes we could be found, but another part doesn't give a shit.

"Do you want to...?" he mumbles, and I can tell he's blushing.

"Yes," I reply, not having to think about it. He smirks, pulling away a moment to tear off his hoodie along with his shirt. "Have I ever told you how much I love your body?" I ask softly, running my fingertips down his chest and stomach. I feel him shiver, and he shakes his head, his cheeks slightly pink. "I constantly want to feel your body on mine," I whisper, leaning in and letting my lips graze the skin of his neck. Goosebumps rise on his soft skin, and I feel him slip his hands under my hoodie and shirt. I lightly nibble his earlobe, eliciting a soft moan from him. The sound ignites a fire within me, my entire body warmer in an instant.

"I love how soft your skin is," he breathes, caressing my bare stomach and letting his fingers brush the bottom of my sports bra.

"Mmm," I hum, kissing his neck as I slowly undo his jeans.

Time seems to speed up as clothes are thrown to the ground and hands grab for bare skin, our lips colliding at different angles and speeds like molecules trying to merge.

Suddenly, footsteps approach—too close—and we have nowhere to hide.

"Kellin?" I hear a male voice, and Kellin tenses. I cling to him, my body shielding his.

"Jack?" Kellin asks slowly, peeking around me to look behind me.

"Great minds think alike," Jack hoots, making Kellin furrow his brow. I understand what he's saying, and I squeeze Kellin's arm.

"Sex in the woods," I whisper, and Kellin seems to finally understand.

"Yeah! Yeah! Um. So..."

"I don't want him to see me naked," I say loudly so Jack can hear.

"She really is shy—"

"Jack! Let's go," a female voice says.

"Nice seeing you. And you," Jack says as he passes us as I bury my face in Kellin's shoulder so Jack can't see me properly. Half of me knows that my red hair would be a dead giveaway, but at the same time, Jack seems to be too hyped up and horny to care one way or another.

"God, that was close," Kellin breathes, relaxing and leaning against the tree behind him.

"I need to think more. I'm sorry," I sigh, pulling away to look at him.

"What's the point of running away together if we can't do what we want?" Kellin counters, a smile playing on his lips.

"You're becoming a cheeky bastard, you know that?" I chuckle, and he presses his forehead to mine.

"I can't be innocent forever."