S e v e n

"Kellin."

No response.

"Kellin," I repeat, shaking him harder.

"What?" he asks, a bewildered look on his face.

"I need to go to the bathroom."

"Fine. Okay. Wait," he groans sleepily, kicking off his covers and standing up. The times that I need to use the bathroom while his mother's home, he stands around in the hallway so that there's no chance of me running into her. We walk out of his room, and I slip into the bathroom. I'm not even sure why I decided to stay another night. I could've made a run for it, but I felt like I should stay. Plus, Kellin isn't bad company. He's sweet and innocent—just the kind of person I'd want in my life.

I flush and wash my hands before knocking softly on the door. I hear Kellin knock back, and I unlock and open the door.

"Thanks."

"No problem," he responds with a yawn. "You want anything to eat or drink?" he asks quietly, and I shake my head.

"I'm good, thanks. I'll be back in your room."

"Mhmm," he responds before going down the stairs quietly. I slip into his room quietly and stretch my back. His floor isn't exactly comfortable. I lie down and do a back bridge, trying to stretch my back. I move into the swan pose, closing my eyes and slowing my breathing. I hear Kellin come in behind me, and he pads over to his bed. I glance toward him, and he's eating a cookie.

"Really?" I chuckle softly, and he grins. The moonlight illuminates his face, making him look a little like a fairy.

"Want one?" he whispers, showing me the other cookie he has. "I know a lot of girls say they don't want anything then steal your fries, so," he laughs.

"You are correct. Thanks," I tell him, sitting properly and crossing my legs before taking the cookie from him. "Did your mom make this?" I ask before taking a bite.

"I did," he admits, a sheepish smile on his face.

"It's really good."

"Thanks."

We eat in silence, but our eyes meet every once in a while, and I can't help but smile. I enjoy being with Kellin. He makes me forget the bad things that have happened, and even forget that I shouldn't be here.