The story

Papyrus' POV
     It was a morning, and like every morning it was quite and peaceful. The wind was softly blowing the snow around, the locals of the neighborhood made their way to work. I had gone to Sans' room to wake him up to find him sitting in his bed.
     "Brother? Are you alright? You're up unusually early today." I ask him
     "Yeah it's alright bro." He answered
     "I'm just gonna head out to Grillbys for a quick drink."
     "Well I'll go with you! We have enough time to stop by and chat to some locals before heading out!"
     "You sure bro? I thought you didn't like Grillby's because of the grease."
     "I didn't say I was go to eat there. Come on let's go before we waste too much time." I led the way out of his room and the house and Sans kept smiling but underneath of it I could tell something was bugging him.
     "You know what brother? I can just feel it! I know there's gonna be a human that falls down today! And my puzzle are well calibrated and ready to stop them! I just know today is going to be the day I become part of the royal guard!"
     "Really? I guess you must feel it in your bones, huh?"
     "Sans! You're puns are as terrible as they'll ever be, but yes Sans I can feel it in my bones and I'm just so excited about it! Once I do capture the human I'll take them straight to Undyne and we'll cook victory spaghetti together!" I could just see it happening in my skull. I was too busy daydreaming about it to notice that Sans was constantly looking behind us.
     We had hardly sat down in Grillby's when we heard the door open slowly. The wind had gusted really hard and sent a cold chill into the small building. We all looked to see who it was and I couldn't tell who it was.
     "Sans, who is that?" I asked
     "It's a human." Sans stood up glaring at the small figure in the door.
     "Oh? So I guess you'll be the first one to die in this pathetic excuse of a bar." The human had a wicked smile on their face.
     "No Sans! I should be the one to capture the human!" I had stood up to walk in front of him.
     "Capture? Me?" The human cackled "You'll all die before that happens!" They ran towards us and Sans was about to attack when a flame beam came from behind us towards the human. They had just dodged the attack.
     "No one threatens my establishment and my costumers." A voice said behind us and I turned to see Grillby hopping over the bar. He walked in front of Sans and I, rolling up his sleeves.
     "Grillby don't! I can handle this human." Sans said with his eye glowing blue.
     "But brother your training isn't complete yet!" I told him knowing he only had 1 HP, 1 ATK and 1 DEF.
     "Papyrus I'll be al-" Sans began to say when Grillby cut his sentence short
     "Sans, Papyrus you both get everyone out of here. I'll deal with this human. I will not tolerate anyone who threatens my bar."
     "But Grillby!" Sans tried to protest but Grillby persisted and Sans ground his teeth together and clenched his fists together. "Alright everyone follow me!" He shouted and led everyone out the back quickly.
     As we ran I noticed that Sans had a determined look on his face and he stopped as soon as he deemed it far enough.
     "Papyrus listen to me I gotta go back and make sure no one was left behind." Sans said turning to run back but I grabbed his arm.
     "Brother, you can't go back there alone! I absolutely will not allow you to do so!"
     "Fine, we'll go together, but I have a short cut." Sans said and he snapped his fingers and we were teleported outside of Grillby's.
     We quickly ran into Grillby's and we went to the checked back to front for other monsters, but when we got to the front, everything was different. Most if not all of the furniture was cut and burned. It was all pushed to the outskirts of the room. In the middle of the room we noticed the human lying from what we presumed to be dead and Grillby was trying to catch his breath after the battle. His suit was littered with slices and he had less than half of his HP left.
     "Grillbz?" Sans spoke up breaking the silence.
     "What are you two doing here? I thought I told you both to get everyone out!" Grillby said
     "We are hothead. We came back because we left you." Sans quickly said in response. "Paps get Grillby some food and something to drink to chill him."
     "Alright brother!" I said and I walked to the back to grab a burger and a drink for Grillby and when I walked back out I noticed something. The human had gotten up and was moving towards them.
     "Oh my God! Sans watch out!" I had dropped the burger and drink and started running to them and the next thing we hear was the sound of a blade entering a body and the sound of one of Sans' blasters.
     The human's soul shattered into pieces.
     Grillby was struggling to stand as he stood between where the human was and Sans.
     "Oh God..." Sans said as we realized what had happened. Grillby had shielded Sans and taken the blow of the knife. Grillby had fallen to the ground and Sans quickly gathered him into his lap. "Hey buddy hang in there everything is going to be ok, alright?" Sans paused for a second before shouting. "Papyrus where's the food?! Hurry up Grillby needs it badly!"
     I quickly gather up the burger after it's fall and run over to them, knelling down.
     "Here you go Grillby eat this it'll help you." I insisted and held the burger out to him.
     "No, Papyrus. That won't do anything now." Grillby said softly trying to talk.
     "No no no no no. Come on Grillbz you gotta eat it you can die on us like this!" Sans shook him and took the burger from me and tried to feed it to Grillby. "Come on please!"
     "Sans stop, you know it's too late for me." He said slowly starting to turn to dust. "Sans,"
     "No Grillby, please." Sans begged him
     "Sans, don't worry about anything now. The human is dead. Everyone is safe again." With every word he slowly faded "Promise me this, Sans. Don't let this old place wither away Sans, it's all I ever had.
     "Grillby please you can't leave." He pleaded
     "Promise me. You'll take care of this place." Grillby weakly
     "Alright, Grillbz I promise." Sans said as Grillby turned completely to dust.

     Ever since Sans had made that promise to Grillby, I've hardly seen in at home except for the very few hours of the night when he sleeps. He always leaves early in the morning to Grillbys. After almost a month, he had the place looking just the same way it did before the human came. A few days before he reopened the bar he put a sign outside, beside the door.
     It read: "Reopening in honor of Grillby: a beloved hero and a friend to all"

     I walked into the reopened bar to see only a few of the regular costumers in their seats and Sans behind the bar wearing a suit similar to the one that Grillby had worn. Whenever I asked him if he wanted to take a break he would always answer: "Nah, I can't stop. I'm working off my tab."