News of the high-profile divorce was the top story on the WWN on Saturday, as school friends told their parents and the students at Hogwarts celebrated. Sources close to the pair say that the unbonding was carried out with a minimum of fuss, and that both boys are relieved to be free of their bond.

"I'm so happy for him. He was far too young for this, really," said Mrs. Elora Dingham, of Dundee, parent of close Potter friend Clarence Dingham.

"Depending on whether you are able to follow the steps competently or not, your potion will exude one of two distinct odours," Snape said. "If your potion smells like seawater and smoke you will test its potency by administering it to your testing animal. If your potion smells like rotting pig manure, you will test its potency and effect by administering it to yourself."

Draco quickly glanced at his potion, cheerfully burbling away in the exact manner it was supposed to. Spared Pansy's potion a glance; same. Smart girl. He went back to his paper.

"Nobody should have to be tied down to a git like Malfoy," said one Hogwarts student on condition of anonymity.

"I tend to sympathise more with Draco," said another student. "Potter's a bit of a twit, really."

"I really thought they had something there," another Hogwarts parent, Mr. Elisha Bois, told reporters. "Didn't the Malfoy lad say they were happy together? Couldn't have been that happy, if they went and split the moment they could."

"Can't really blame Harry, though," said his wife Ellen. "Who'd want to stay connected to that family?"

And what of his ex? Draco Malfoy, who was gracious enough to finally permit an interview in December, could not be reached for comment.

Draco scowled in annoyance. He could not be reached because the Prophet didn't bloody well bother to try, though he doubted he would've given them any statement other than "piss off."

Solicitor David Glynstook gave the following statement to the press on behalf of his client Lucius Malfoy: "My son has acquitted himself well with the stress of this forced bonding, but it's understandable that he would be pleased to end the curse. He had hoped to find a suitable match, raise a family of his own. Of course we have nothing but respect for Mr. Potter and hope their friendship will continue, but I don't think it's difficult to understand that Draco would want to end the curse when given the opportunity to do so."

Lucius Malfoy could not be reached for further comment on his son's unbonding.

Draco sighed, trying not to worry about Father. "Could not be reached" - did that mean the same thing it did for Draco? Or did it mean that they genuinely had not been able to find him in time for yesterday's edition? And if so... where had he gone? Had he come back yet?

And if he hadn't... how long would they have to wait before being able to tell that something was wrong?

And what the hell was this about "hoping their friendship will continue"? Draco had been under the distinct impression that Father would really rather eat his own liver than maintain any kind of connection to Harry any longer than absolutely necessary.

Draco glanced over quickly at Harry, who was watching his own potion dripping into a vial. Not more than a glance, seeing as how people were probably watching them for any hint of... well, anything, really, to run to the Prophet with. A glance only long enough to register that yes, Harry had indeed come to class. That he looked tired and subdued. Much like Draco felt, actually. The difference being that there was no way Draco was going to allow himself to look how he felt, or let anybody think for one moment that there was anything wrong with him.

And it was probably not a good idea to think about how dejected he'd felt this morning, his third one waking up to an empty bed paired with the remnants of a rather lurid dream about Harry. This whole divorce business was harder than he'd thought it would be - literally.