→ 1 ←

"Wake up, Gracie." Father said as he nudged my shoulder. I groaned quietly and rolled over to see him sitting in his wheelchair next to me, he smiled and patted my shoulder and said "Good morning sunshine, I have to go in a few minutes to meet a couple of new young mutants so I need you to be a substitute for one of my classes today..." 

"Wait, wait, wait, you want me to substitute for one of your classes when I can barely teach new students, with help." I said with total shock. 

I sat upright and his hand fell onto the bed and made a small dent in the blanket. "Don't worry, Grace, I've asked Logan to help you. Besides, this will help prepare you for when you have classes of your own, honey." he said with a hopeful expression. 

"Logan will be a great help." I said sarcastically. 

I have to teach freakin' A+ students

Father noticed the worried expression on my face. "There's nothing to worry about, Gracie, you'll do great." He said with a smile. He kissed me on my cheek and said: "I have to get going now, I love you and I know you can do this, honey." 

"I love you too, daddy." I said with a smile 

He then wheeled out my bedroom door. I sat there, still under the blankets, contemplating whether I should fake being sick or face my fears. Of course, every "super" hero on earth, well in the universe, would give a pep talk that you always gotta try or some crap. But I guess I have to do this for father. (I know what you're thinking, who the heck is father? Well if you used that brain hard enough you probably would have guessed Charles Xavier. You guessed right. Gee, I wonder who else runs a school for mutants.)

After having an existential crisis, I got out of my comfy, oh so comfy bed and somehow found the energy to get dressed. I dragged myself to the kitchen, where people are all rainbows and sunshine and I just want my coffee so I can get through my day or at least half way through it. I made my way down to father's office, dodging everyone that tried to talk to me, and sat in the extra desk chair in peace enjoying my coffee one sip at a time, away from all people.

 Then, like always, my peace is interrupted by a knock on the door. "Great, people" I mumbled. I trudged over to the door and opened it and sure enough, it was Logan, happy as ever. "Ready to get this show on the road?" I said with a blank tone. 

"You know you're not supposed to be in here." He said with a straight face. 

"That's beside the point." I said with a smirk.

He sighed and said: "Let's just get this over with."