Chapter 7 - Jaxon

Start from the beginning

"Thanks." She says quietly and ducks her head, nervously biting her botton lip. Now I want to groan as I envision my teeth replacing hers and tugging her mouth as I slowly release it. I give another mental shake of my head, concluding that I need to get laid soon.

"I'll take one gin and tonic and one cognac, both on the rocks." She says and her order immediately arises suspicion in me. I take the bottles out from under the counter and begin assembling her drinks.

"Who's the other drink for?" I ask casually.

"Oh, it's uh...I'm here with someone." She says finally. Though she sounded unsure I'm instantly flooded with irritation. More like irritation at myself because I'm actually fucking jealous.

"Hot date?" My voice is strained and I pray she doesn't notice. Why the hell do I even care? I don't know this chick beyond what she looks like, if I truly think about it.

"Sort of. It's just a co-worker of mine from the school I teach at." I'm not sure if she's convincing me or herself.

"You're a teacher?" I find myself asking. I need to stop. I don't need to know anything about her.

"Yes, elementary." She responds, her eyes coming alive and I'm suddenly glad I asked because she's stunning when she beams like that. "I teach 3rd grade English. It was a win-win job for me because I love the subject and I absolutely adore kids. I was lucky to land a job that meets my passion." She laughs then. "Sorry. I'm rambling."

"I don't mind." I tell her and realize it's true. Why is that true? I don't conversate with women. I fuck them and I leave them.

Yeah...I really needed to get laid.

"Have you started training yet?" She asks and a small part of me is glad she wants to know about me. Again, why? I make my personal boundaries clear as day. Emily must realize this at the same time as me because she immediately retaliates. "You don't have to tell me. It kinda came out."

I ignore her hesitation and go about answering her question.

"No, actually, your dad still has me on cleaning duty. The guys said I'm the longest to have been assigned this beginners ritual." I say, annoyance lining my tone. Both at the reality that Coach is still making me his bitch and that I'm conversing with his daughter. His hot-as-hell daughter that I most definitely should be staying away from. It's why I walked out of the locker room so fast the day he caught us. My attraction for Emily was - is - off the charts and I can't be pursuing shit if she's clearly forbidden. So far, I'm not doing a very good job at taking my own advice.

"It is," She agrees and I'm surprised to see both sympathy and anger on her face. Is it directed at me, or her dad? "You should take initiation of the situation and turn it around. Show him this is not a light matter to you." She advises.

"How do you know it's not a light matter to me?" I ask with genuine curiosity.

"It's devastatingly clear how much Sam means to you. My father is wrong to be messing with that." She says with heated conviction and my gut twists from her supportive words.

Stay away from her. She's getting under your skin way too fast.

She braces her arms on top of the counter and leans forward. My eyes drop to her tits as they come into view and fuck me, I want to know what they'd feel like in my hands. When I drag my gaze back to her face, a more difficult task than it should be, she's watching me with keen interest. This just proves how careless I'm being with my normally reserved self and I realize I need to a put a stop to things now. If she wasn't Coach's daughter, I know for a fact we would've had sex already. Multiple times. The circumstances, however, just don't work in our favour and the sooner that goes through my head, the sooner this internal war with myself will end. Perhaps it's the fact that she's forbidden that I find her so appealing. We want what we can't have right? But I can't act on it.