"My mom. She's there doing some kind of business deal," Emily said. She wasn't completely sure, but it she thought she'd put it out there.

"You're not going to come back?" Delilah asked.

"Probably not," Emily said. Even with the band playing, it felt a little quiet between them.

"I was looking up some stuff about the black salt," Delilah said.

"Oh yeah?" Emily said. "Where?" She was curious about the computers here.

"In one of Ann's books, probably her son's book. It was used in hoodoo or roots work. It's suppose to ward off enemies or used to put voodoo curses on people. The same group that would do voodoo dolls and creepy things like that," Delilah said.

"I don't think we have much to worry about," Emily said. "I don't believe that stuff." A woman came to order drinks and food. Her voice had a thick cajun accent. "Zydeco all night!" the man next to them said with a creole accent. He took the drink from his sister and kissed her on the cheek. He looked at Emily again.

"You want to dance?" he asked. Emily shook her head.

"Maybe later, thanks," she said.

"I'm Jason. This is my sister Katrina," the guy said.

"Emily, Delilah." Emily said and pointed.

"You both from out of town?" he asked. The girls nodded.

"Where from?" Jason asked.

"Biloxi" Delilah said. She looked excited to meet them.

"Oh very nice. Welcome to Louisiana," Jason said. "You girls ever danced to Zydeco?"

"Well we don't really know how," Delilah said.

"I'll show you," Jason said. He took Delilah's hand. They stepped out on the wooden dance floor in this old house turned into a music venue. The violin was playing and Jason started dancing, Delilah followed his steps. Katrina leaned into Emily's ear. 
"Want to dance too? I"ll show you," she said.

"Okay," Emily said. She put her drink down and followed Katrina out on the dance floor next to Jason and Delilah. Emily looked over and Delilah was doing of a couple of twists and turns with Jason and he was looping her through his arms. He moved his feet and she moved her feet. He was skilled and seasoned. Katrina went slowly with Emily. Delilah was not following him so quickly so he slowed down and led her. Emily looked around and there were lots of couples and friends dancing. After a couple minutes of it, Jason pulled Delilah's arm towards Emily and had Emily and Delilah dance together. Jason and his sister were next to them.

The songs were blending together with no breaks. Emily lost track of time. The song ended and everyone let go of one one another and clapped. Emily was sweating. Jason was on the edge of the dance floor, leaning against the wooden bar with his sister, laughing at them as well. Emily and Delilah walked back to the bar where their food was waiting for them. They sat down and started to eat. Jason brought back drinks for everyone. He introduced his sister.

The fiddle player started playing. It caught Emily's attention.

"He's so good," she said.

"Yes he's amazing," Katrina said.

"I'm in need of a drink," the player said winking. He walked in the direction of the bar. Jason walked up on stage and the band started playing. He watched the fiddle player carefully, and he knew the cords. Emily figured it was planned. Jason started to play and held the bow like the player did, high on the bow and bow was already loosened so it made that desired stretched sound that everyone loved. Soon, people were dancing to the music. Emily looked over and Delilah and Katrina were dancing. The fiddle was the center of the performance. Jason looked nervous like he hadn't played in a while and he started to relax like he does when he is dancing. He felt true joy. He soloed a little bit but let the guitar player have most of the lead. The song finished and people applauded. The next song was a slow one. He played the rhythm and watched the couples and friends dance together. Delilah watched Jason play while Katrina and Emily danced together. The song ended and he walked down and joined the others.

"So you grew up in Louisiana?" Delilah asked Jason.

"My town is everything. My sister, she is everything. My father he is everything. My mother, she was everything. You can say I carry everything with me," Jason said laughing. Delilah smiled back. "You have such a beautiful smile." Jason held his hand out.

Delilah took his hand and they went out to dance. The music was still going towards midnight. A new crowd of people walked in and started dancing.

"The band doesn't leave until everyone's danced," Katrina said. Emily and Delilah sat down to rest again. The music kept playing, and everyone got up to dance atleast one more time. Soon it was time for the musicians to pack it up. It was getting late. Jason and Katrina were on the outside patio. Thunder was going and lightening brightened up the night sky.

"It was a pleasure meeting you both," Jason said. Katrina hugged them goodbye. They left. Emily and Delilah made their way down the street. Ann's door was unlocked. They came into the living room. Delilah took the couch while Emily took the floor. The heat began to worsen towards noon, when the two girls woke up.

Ann was standing over them with hot coffee.

"Rise and shine," Ann said. They sat up and took the coffee. They drank it anyways even though it was humid in the house. They got dressed as Ann waited for them outside.

"Time to go to the bus and get on our way," she said.

"Yes ma'am," Delilah said.

They went out the door to the bus. Ann got in a started it. They made their way out of the neighborhood and to a stop sign. They passed by what looked like Jason and Katrina dressed in uniforms on their way to work. Jason saluted the bus as Ann drove off towards the highway.