✬♧7♧✬Camp 'I love you'

It had been a week since Clint and Natasha had moved into their new apartment.

As they returned home on Friday night,  Clint suggested they spend the weekend camping.

"But we just moved in."

"You, my dear Sweetpea, have never gone camping before." Clint replied, tapping Natasha on the nose.

"Alright, but what's with the new pet name?" Natasha smiled and snaked her arms round Clint's neck.

"It suits you well."

"Why? Because I'm sweet and..."

"Small."

Clint received a smack on his chest. Natasha's size and height had always been a sensitive topic all these years.

"But that's why I love you, I love how I can envelope you in my arms and protect you." Clint looked down at her lovingly, eyes set in a soft, affectionate gaze, fingers tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Actually I like it too, so I can fit snugly in your arms and feel safe." Natasha grinned and hugged him tight, loving all the more how her head rested on his chest, allowing her to hear his heartbeat.

---------------------------------------------

Saturday morning dawned bright and clear. Clint loaded their belongings in the back of an old borrowed pick up truck while Natasha stood by the side sulking, annoyed at having to wake up early on a weekend.

"Why the pout, Sweetpea? You look just a little less beautiful like that." Clint chuckled.

"I thought camping was a night event." She grumbled.

"Yeah it is, but there are many amazing things to do and places to explore in the forest in the day that we can't do at night." Clint explained, interlocking his fingers with hers and pulling her to him.

"Wait, did you comb your hair? You look like you just got out of bed." Clint said as his fingers untangled some of her curls.

"I did just get out of bed, or rather I just got dragged out of bed." Natasha replied sarcastically.

Clint laughed and kissed her nose, "Come on, the forest awaits us!"

After a one and a half hour drive, Clint and Natasha reached the entrance of a grand green forest. The air was fresh and mildly moist with morning dew. It was indeed refreshing, and Natasha began to perk up a little.

They began to trek through the forest to find a camping spot, Clint carrying the large camping bag while Natasha held a bag containing some food canisters and loose camping equipment.

Clint held Natasha's hand in his firmly, pulling her back and preventing her from falling whenever she accidentally tripped over tree roots.

They came across a clearing, much like a meadow, overlooking a small sturdy-looking cliff.

"This is the perfect spot, we'll have a good view of the stars tonight." Clint announced, setting down their belongings against a the base of a tree.

"Hmm, fantastic view indeed." Natasha mused, wandering nearer the edge and looking into the distance while Clint began pitching the tent.

After zipping up the tent with their belongings secured inside, the couple decided to go exploring the forest.

"How do we find our way back? What if we get lost?" Natasha asked worriedly.

Clint just chuckled and handed her a white chalk that he produced from his pocket.

"You can do the honors of marking the trees as we pass."