Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

“Do you think that Elly is fighting back? It certainly sounds like she is with all that clanging and banging! I hope that she’s doing all right. It sounds like she’s just been thrown against the wall.” Emily said hoping that Elly wasn’t dead yet. “YES!!! You and Elly are both so smart! She’s throwing herself against the wall as hard as she can. She’s trying to get out of that cell into your cell.” Chloe said gleefully. “What?” Emily said still failing to understand. Chloe threw herself against the wall and five bricks fell down. She did it again and then shouted “COME ON!!! HELP ME!!!” Now that Chloe had made a whole big enough for her to crawl through she could see that bricks were tumbling on the other side as well. She could see the light of the door open and her and Emily realised at the exact same time that no one could make it through that wall in time on there own. “We have to help her” screamed Emily over the sound of bricks clattering down. Both of them ran at the wall and rammed themselves against it. But they had made all the bricks tumble into the cell right on top of Elly. So that meant that Elly was stuck under all the bricks. She was unconscious and the zombie had just walked in through the door completely to find, not Elly but Emily and Chloe in Elly’s cell. “Oh there you are Emily. How about I have dinner with you. Would you mind coming and guess what’s on the menu?” said the zombie very happy now that he could have decent brains. “Don’t forget the old saying a little action hardens the mind” Chloe said glad that no one was to be eaten tonight if the zombie knew the old saying. I guess that it would actually make the mind a little harder to zombies. “I don’t mind! In fact I can have brain stone soup. You eat it when it is stone hard drained in blood. The soup is just blood of the victim. But I am quite hungry and when you mix three different kinds of blood together it is quite nice. Anyway I like to have triple brains in my stone brain soup. You can all be eaten together. I’m sure it will make your parents happy to know that you died together and were all killed by a zombie at the same time.” The zombie said cackling at the thought of his cunning plans. “I’m going to tell you a story about the time when I felt sorry for zombies because they were rejected by the world and no one ever talked to them or gave them food and everyone was so scared of them. I used to absolutely adore zombies and I told my mother that when I died I wanted all my remaining body parts given to a zombie. I could make sure that it was you and I could introduce you to people and we could do a revolution about zombies getting dead peoples bodies. I mean we just need to get lots of people to sign a form. I mean doesn’t one body last you at least a fortnight. Then you could get about 25 bodies. Imagine how long that would last you.” Chloe said but as she said it her and Emily were edging away towards the hole in the wall. “Hmm, that could work but I don’t know. Maybe you wouldn’t do that to me. Everyone hates zombies for no reason at all. I mean you need food to and you eat all these other animals and that’s okay but then when someone else eats an animal or human it’s not! You would never help me would you?” The zombie said sadly mourning over his past. “Um, we’re just gonna go while we can.” Chloe said anxiously. “Bye zombie” Emily said waving before diving through the hole. But once again someone had been left behind. After diving through the hole and covering it with bricks from the other wall, Emily and Elly realised that once again someone had been left behind. Elly could not defend herself and would not be able to get out of that pile of bricks when the zombie was in the room. She may never even be able to get out at all. Emily and Chloe probably can’t even get back in to save Elly as they made it all the way outside before realising there huge mistake. They were in despair. They felt that it was all there fault that Elly wasn’t safe and with them. We’re back to the beginning. Two free but one left behind with the zombie.

As for Elly she slowly started to wake up after being unconscious for half an hour. She pulled herself out of the pile of bricks and found herself in a dark, dark room with no idea where she was. In fact she couldn’t even remember her own name. She sat there for three hours until finally it all started to come back to her. But she had a massive headache and knew that the others would not have left her on purpose but the zombie didn’t know where she was and she would have been safe for quite a while. She would be safe for at least another hour. She would sleep then hopefully be ready to fight. But the zombie was not after her just yet. She would have to some time to prepare herself. Anyway the others would probably be back soon. They would feel so guilty if I was killed though it wasn’t there fault. They would think of something and then they would somehow get her out but maybe even get themselves caught while they do it. Slowly Elly drifted off to sleep once again.

Will she wake up or would Elly have just had her last breath?

To find out you must read book 2 of the series Zombie Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                    

BY EMMA HUTCHINSON & ILA BARNBAUM