Chapter 7

Julien

"Get up you drunk. We have training in 30 minutes." I yank back Hectors blankets and pull his pillow away.

"Shit man, my head fcking hurts." He yawns and rubs his forehead.

"I found you with your head inside a cooler full of beer." I remind him.

"Let me sleep, everything hurts." He shifts to face down on his mattress.

"I would, trust me you smell like shit, but my father is the one who wants us to train right now."

"Shit. Get me coffee." He rolls out of bed tangled with blankets.

"Sure thing." I chuckle and head back out towards the dining area.

Todays breakfast offers biscuits and sausage, so I make myself four sandwiches with that, and pour some black coffee into a mug. I sit with a couple other friends and joke around the fact that none of the party goers have emerged yet.

"Oh god, I'm gonna pass out on the turf." Hector stumbles into the chair at my side.

"Hey Sleeping Beauty, here's your coffee" I slide over his mug.

"This tastes like shit." He spits it out after tasting. "Why didn't you put in any sugar?"

"I'm not your servant, I don't know what you put in it." I finish off my last biscuit sandwich.

"C'mon, my dad's waiting." I pull Hector's arm after he gulps down his coffee.

"Wait, I need food!" I let him grab an apple and head to the gym with him.

"You missed a wild night Julien, next time, you gotta stay and try the drinks." He stumbles at my side, clearly still hungover.

"I'd rather not."

"Where'd you go though?"
"What do you mean?"

"I came out after you disappeared, because they were passing out jello shots, and you weren't there."

"I didn't like what was going on, so I went back to the car." I explain. And then I went and danced with the girl of my dreams.

"But I found the car, and you weren't there." He responds slowly, making sense of it.

"Sure, I was, you were just too drunk to remember." I lie.

"No. You weren't. I came out with Pamela, we hung out in the car for a while."

"I was probably out taking a piss."

"For that long? Where'd you go Julien?" He stops walking. "Where you with a girl." He concludes after I don't respond.

"She's just a friend." I start.

"Wussy little Julien is smitten. What's her name, huh? She cute? Did you get lucky?" I grab him by the shoulders and slam him against a tree along the path.

"She's not that type of girl." I growl in his face.

"Shit, Julien sorry. I didn't realize." He sputters and I let him go. Alexandria could be his new Alpha Female and he dares talk of her that way?

"Shit Julien. You attacked me."

"I'll do worse if you say anything about her again." I threaten.

"You've never attacked me like that. You've never attacked anyone."

"Don't be so full of yourself. I've attacked anyone dangerous to my pack."

"But never friends."