2

I woke up to sun shining on my face and my alarm blaring. I struggled to shut the alarm off as I stumbled out of bed. I walked toward my closet staring at the clothes inside. I pulled out a white shirt that fell off my shoulders and accentuated my body well.

I then walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of tight-fitting jeans. I grabbed some strappy wedges and walked toward the bathroom. I set my clothes on the counter and hopped into the shower. I quickly rinsed off all of the grime I still felt from unpacking all day yesterday. As I let the water pour over me I contemplated what today would hold for me. I was a little nervous. It was senior year and everyone would already have their group of friends so I would be left as "the new girl", an outsider the last year of high school. Tears welled in my eyes as I thought about my friends back home. I missed them so damn much.

I pulled myself together and got out of the shower. I quickly dried off and put on my outfit for the day. I brushed out and blow-dried my long chocolate brown hair, adding a little curl to the ends after. I put a little mascara and lip gloss on before stopping in front of the full-length mirror to check my appearance. I'll admit- I looked good. My outfit showed off my curves without putting too much on display. I was getting more excited as I reached for my bedroom door handled and rushed downstairs. My mother was sitting at the table when I entered the kitchen.

"Brylee-bear, eat a bar before you go, I don't want you starving all morning at school," my mother commanded me. I scarfed down the bar before kissing my mom on the head and racing outside to my car. As I walked down the driveway to my baby (my jeep, of course), I heard an engine roar next to me. I watched as a vehicle hastily tore out of the driveway next door and sped down the street. "Geez, no need to be so dramatic," I murmured as I got into my car. I started it up and drove the quick 15 minutes to school, pulling into a spot toward the back of the parking lot and hopping out of my car. As I walked in I noticed the car I had seen speed off earlier pull into a spot. I brushed it off and walked into the school, not bothering to see who got out of the car.

I made my way to the office to ask for my schedule. As I was walking out of the office doors I rammed right into someone. I quickly started apologizing, reaching down to pick up the things the person had dropped. I looked up and handed the books to a girl. She had long, wavy blonde hair and uber-tan skin that brought out her bright green eyes. She flashed a smile at me as she grabbed her books from my hands, "thank you so much!" she smiled again.

"I am so so sorry I ran into you! I was trying to look at my schedule and obviously was not paying attention," I breathed out."

"Oh!" she exclaimed, "are you new?" she asked.

"Yes, I am. Do you think you could point me in the direction of Mr. White's class?"

"Oh my gosh! I have him first too! We can walk together! I'm Rose by the way."

"Brylee," I responded smiling, happy I had made a friend already.

"So where are you from?" she asked.

"Massachusetts. I moved yesterday actually."

She laughed, "wow that's pretty fast."

We got to the classroom, and I followed Rose in, sitting down in the desk next to her.

"Let me see the rest of your schedule," she said while reaching for it. She looked it over, "this is so exciting! We have two more classes together, and the other three you have with James. He's one of the guys, I'll introduce you after class so you have a friend in your next classes." I smiled thankfully at her. "And of course you HAVE to sit with us at lunch, everyone will love you."

Today was already going so well, I was excited to meet the rest of Rose's friends, I hope they were as nice as she was.

After class, Rose grabbed my hand leading me out of the classroom. She rushed down the hall looking for who I assume would be James.

"James! James! JAMES MICHAEL TANNER, STOP RIGHT THERE!" Rose shouted down the hallway and a slightly muscular, tall boy slowly turned around. He had golden blond hair with brilliantly blue eyes. He smiled at Rose, wrapping one arm around her shoulder and sticking a hand out to me.

"You must be the new girl Rose was texting me about in class. I'm James." He was so hot.

I stuttered out, "I'm Br-Brylee," as my hand was engulfed by his much larger one.

"Well come on Brylee, let's get to class. You have Fitzgerald next, right?"

I stood up straighter, trying to regain some of my confidence in the presence of this incredibly cute boy, "Yea, I do. Show me the way?" Rose squeezed my hand goodbye as she walked the opposite way.

"So what brings you to Northwest High?" James asked as he looked down at me questioningly.

"Mom got a new job," I responded. I wasn't ready to spill the real reason we had moved yet, I didn't want to freak anyone out.

"Well, I'm glad you're here. You'll love everyone else too, you'll meet them at lunch," James said with a smile.

We stepped into class and James pulled me toward the back of the room. We took our seats just as the bell was ringing. The door opened again and my mouth dropped open. 

______________________________________________________

Hey guys! This is my first attempt at writing a story. Please let me know what you think!!!

Update coming soon!