love conquers

He finally came to a stop, placing his hands on his knees. He had been running for over an hour, trying to find the ex-gang member. Catching back his breath, Kaiba's eyes grew wide.

The roof.

Once he regained his energy, he began running towards the school, faster than before. As he moved, rain droplets began to hit the pavement softly.

**********

The rain had become heavy but Kaiba continued to run. Making his way up the clanky metal stairs, he burst open the rooftop door.

By the side of the railing, the blonde was curled up; head resting between his knees. Rain poured down his face, masking his hot tears. The brunette moved over making it so he stood inches away from the ex-gang member.

"On your feet Mutt."

Joey didn't even look up. He stood slowly, keeping his gaze on the floor. That is until he felt a cold, wet hand caress his cheek. Suddenly, he met stunning blue eyes. However, this time, they were not cold or stoic but filled with worry and passion.

"Don't ever run away like that again." The CEO spat. But before another raindrop could even hit the flooded ground, the brunette smashed his lips onto the blonde's fiercely. Both his hands held Joey's face, holding the ex-gang member still.

The smaller male was stunned. He held onto the railing behind him to stabilise himself. Shock struck him for what felt like an eternity.

He didn't understand. Why had Kaiba come to find him? How did he know where he was? What was going to happen now?

The blonde eventually melted into the kiss and his hands made their way up to the taller male's shoulders. Minutes later, the pair rested their foreheads against each other, catching back their much need breath.

Even though the rain was still pouring, it was clear tears still threatened Joey's eyes.

"Kaiba, I don't understand... what you said..."

He was cut off.

"I didn't mean what I said. I was just angry and confused. Joey, you've changed me. I need you, please don't leave me alone again."

The blonde eyes lit up. He lifted his head to meet Kaiba's stunning, azure eyes. Astounded by the brunette's statement, his heart almost stopped. Though blunt and simple as it was, Joey knew is was sincere. The CEO had even called him by his real name for the first time since they met.

The brunette then once again spoke words he never thought he would say in his life.

"I want you to come home. Because I think I'm falling in love with you."

The ex-gang members eyes widened to the size of saucers. His heart had literally stopped this time. Minutes went by before the blonde could even comprehend what was happening. Eventually, after taking in a breath he didn't realise he needed, he spoke.

"I'm falling in love with you too. Take me home Kaiba." He sniffled before wrapping his arms around the taller male's neck and sinking his head into the CEO's chest.

Kaiba bent down slightly, putting his arms under the blonde's knees and back. To shield him from the crashing rain, Kaiba pulled Joey closer.

Dragging his boots through the river beneath him, he made his way out of the building and carried the blonde down the abandoned streets where the thundering rain cancelled out every other sound.