Prologue

My name is Jack Frost. How do I know? The moon told me so. I have been alone for three hundred years. No friends. No family. No believers. No one to talk to. It was just me and Man in Moon. And even he didn't talk to me.

      But now? Things are different. I have family. My family are the Guardians: North (the children call him Santa Claus), Toothiana (the tooth fairy, but we just call her Tooth), Bunnymund (the Easter bunny- he has quite a few nicknames..), and Sandman (we call him Sandy).

   We've defeated Pitch Black. He will no longer haunt the dreams of children; he will forever be alone. Or so we thought...

************************

    Pitch stretched his sore muscles. Everything hurt. And he was too weak to do anything about it. He sat down on his throne of Shadows and whistled.

      Almost immediately, a nightmare came trotting into the shadowy lair and stopped at its master. Pitch began to gently stroke the Nightmare's muzzle, "What have you found, my precious?" The nightmare nickered and Pitch's yellow eyes darted upwards as ebony sand began to form scenes.

      The first scene was of Jack and the other guardians at Jack's lake. North was holding an incredibly large  book. "I see. So Frost is a guardian now..."

      The sand-scene changed to show Jack and a few kids laughing as they threw snowballs. Jack got hit and feigned death. As the kids dropped their ammo and ran to Jack, he jumped up and ambushed a boy. Pitch knew that boy. "I believe in you. I just don't fear you. " The boy's words still rang in his head, making him sick to his stomach. As the sand scene went on, Pitch noticed that Jack and this boy seemed to have a special connection.

    "That's it! I finally know how to destroy Jack Frost..." Pitch took the sand-form of the boy out of the scene and held the laughing boy close to his face, "Boo." He squished the sand boy and let the black sand run through his fingers as he laughed maliciously.