Ryan; Passing Hours

Ryan looked out the study's windows that let in a warm glow from the morning sun. He glanced around the room then back to the geography book in front of him about the different areas of Luparia.
"What time is it?" Ryan mumbled as he glanced at a nearby clock. "9:45 a.m." He sighed as he slumped down onto the desk. Not a few minutes later, a noise echoed in.
As the door to the study room creaked open, a pale young man stepped in slowly, careful not to let the stack of books he was carrying topple to the wooden floors.
"Sorry I'm late Your Highnes," the young man said. "I had to help a-"
"It's fine." Ryan said looking at his tutor intensely. "Lucario, was it not?" Ryan asked as he twirled a pen in one hand and rested his head on the other.
"Y-hes Your Hi-" Lucario flusteredly responded before being interrupted by Ryan.
"Ryan, please. Just call me Ryan." The prince said as he walked over to a paralyzed Lucario.
"Are you, intimidated by me?" Ryan asked the boy in front of him.
"I just h-highly respect you Yo-, I mean Ryan." Lucario mumbled as his eyes were met by Ryan's.
"It's just the two of us, lighten up." Ryan stated softly as he walked back to his desk and sat down.
"How old are you again?" Ryan asked his tutor as he flipped through pages of his geography book.
"I'm just a year older than you actually. I'm 18." Lucario said as he set the books own with a small thump on Ryan's desk.
"A-and I was thinking we could lay off the books for now and get to know each other a bit. " Lucario proposed as he carried a chair in front of the desk.
"Sounds good." Ryan smiled as the door creaked open once again to reveal a maid peeping in.

"Sorry, ah, the afternoon tea is ready to be served. Apologies for the delay." She bowed as she pulled in a silver cart with tea and two slices of cake next to the gentlemen. "Enjoy!" She beamed as she bowed.
"It's already noon?" Lucario asked flabbergasted.
"No, she's just new. It's only 11:15 in the morning, which is I suppose is almost noon." Ryan said as he pointed to the ticking clock which was accompanied by a soft "oh" by Lucario.

"So!" Lucario beamed awkwardly, "I was always curious what your titles meant."
"Oh, you mean the whole 'Prince of the Opherio Nation and heir to the Netherven Empire'?" Ryan asked nonchalantly. "Prince to the Nation as in a royal status but heir to the Empire as a military title. Make sense?" Ryan questioned as he took a sip of the honeysuckle tea. Lucario nodded his head as he bit into the vanilla cake with ease.

"Would it be okay if I opened the windows?"