Break Up To Make Up. (Part Two) ❤️ -For Deajinae

Previously on: Break Up To Make Up.
Breaking up with the person you promised to always love is never easy; especially when you're not the one who wanted out... And Above all you happen to be six and a half months pregnant with his child. -Deajinae
                 —•——•——•——•—
                         •Part Two•
I got out of bed,
ready to start the day I had a few errands to run before the baby arrived.

To summarize how my life has been going it would be an up and down view.

I left my job as an optician to begin maternity leave.

That was a few weeks ago, and now that I have an empty plate, I've been thinking a lot more about things.

The baby was mostly what my thoughts revolved around. There were still so many things to set up, also so many gifts put away from the baby shower a few days ago.

Completing my daily grooming, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

Pulling out a coffee mug placing it on the counter, I grabbed the box of K-cups going through it, I settled on a hazelnut coffee.

As I put the K-cup into the machine; I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen.
It felt different from any usual twitch.

Not taking any chances I grabbed my phone and called my friend Lisa.

"Come on Lis pick up!"
**Voicemail**

"Fuck!" I said sitting on the floor; as pain had began to form in my lower body.

When I decided to get up to grab my hospital bag it all became real. My water had broken.
I. Was. In. Labor.
Sitting back on the floor, I dialed 911.

••
As soon as I arrived at the hospital I was greeted by a RN who asked me questions like:

"What's your name?"
"Dea- Deajinae." I replied
"How far along are you?"
"Eight months."
"Do you have any allergies?"
"No."
"Okay ma'am."

As the RN (whose name I now know is Melissa) helped me into the hospital bed,
I thought about Kyrie. I Hadn't thought of him that much since he left.
I Purposely pushed him into the back of my mind, because I missed him so much.
My thoughts once again were interrupted by a sharp pain.

"AHHH." I screamed.

One of the nurses grabbed this weird cone shaped tool and disappeared under the sheet that covered my lower half.

After reappearing from under the sheet she gave, Dr. Etheridge, who had just come into the room an approving look.

(Dr. Etheridge was originally scheduled to perform a caesarean delivery, until I went into labor early.)

"Okay, I'm going to check your vitals, and pretty soon we can deliver this baby!" Dr. Etheridge said giving me a wink and smile.

"Sounds good."
••••
After about forty five minutes later Gabriella Danielle Irving was born.
She weighed seven pounds and eight ounces.

The joy of my life was finally here.

When the nurse finally gave her to me, I couldn't help but notice how much she looked like Kyrie.