Is she checking me out?

"Uh . . . yeah, sure," she shakes her hands at her sides and avoids all eye contact.

"Do you know where the picnic baskets are?" I continue while picking up a nearby bag of Kit Kats - Thea's favorite - and setting it in the cart.

"Yeah . . . in Home Goods," she mumbles and returns back to work.

"Thanks. See ya around," I mutter and head on my way to that section.

After picking up the rest of the items, I head to the check out. On my way there, I glance at the bright jewelry counter and stop dead in my tracks. A diamond ring placed in a red box spins at the top of the locked counter. I eagerly call the desk lady over and get into a lane.

"Your total is $567.93, sir," the cashier states, and I pull out my credit card. I push it in the chip reader until it rudely beeps at me, and head out to my car.

This is going to be the best date ever.

~Thea~

Beep . . .

Beep . . .

Beep . . .

The constant sound of an alarm going off makes my eyes pop right open. I scrunch them together to enhance my vision, but the beeping continues. My hand flops all over what seems to be a clock, until the beeping ceases. Glancing down at it, I read the time.

10:00 PM.

Getting up, I stretch my body with a large groan, following a yawn. My feet continue to the dresser as I peer at my reflection. My blonde hair cascades down my shoulders in a messy bunch, and my blue eyes look extremely glossy. The pajamas I am wearing are all bunched up; I look like a complete mess.

Suddenly, my stomach starts grumbling loudly.

"Time to eat," I sarcastically murmur to myself as I head downstairs to the kitchen. My feet hit the cold floor, and a jolt of electricity is sent through my body. Wrapping my arms around myself, I proceed to the counter.

I pick up a random mug and begin pouring coffee into it. After I find the amount sufficient, I head over to the fridge for creamer. However, on the fridge handle is a small piece of paper with large letters all over it. I remove the tape from over it and read closely:

Thea,

Good morning my dearest. I would like it if you put this on and meet me out in my backyard. There is something I'd like to show you.

-Dennis

Setting the note down, I search for what this could mean. My vision focuses on the table where a long, rectangular box lies. I eagerly walk over to it and take off the pink ribbon that is enclosing the gift.

I open it and gasp. Inside is the light blue dress that I wanted for homecoming. Tears roll down my cheeks as I run my hand over the silk. I close my eyes and picture that day.

"Oh my gosh! That dress is gorgeous!" Tiffany, my best friend, yells.

"I know right?" I yell, flipping it over to look at the price. Looking at the tag, I set it back on the rack with a sigh.

"What's wrong? Aren't ya gonna get it?" she asks in a concerned tone.

"It's too much . . ." I mumble and turn towards her. She holds a strapless, purple dress that looks like it would fit her perfectly.

"It's okay . . . we will find you one. C'mon, I wanna try this one on!" she squeaks and pulls me to the dressing room.

Brushing away the unwanted feeling, I smile. I run upstairs to find Steven's room empty. Sighing, I head into the bathroom for a shower.

After I get out, I dry my hair and curl it. I slip the dress on and put on some deodorant. I look at my reflection and hold my breath.

I finally look beautiful for once.

I run to Dennis's room and find the shoes that I came to his house with. I slip them on, and return downstairs. Walking to the back door, my heart begins to pound inside of my chest. I open it, and my eyes go big.

A garden full of many colorful flowers surrounds me. A variety of flowers, from tulips to roses, are assorted by color. I slowly walk down the path, picking one of the roses and smell it. Smiling, I look in the distance to find Dennis leaning against a large apple tree. I laugh and run to him.

When I approach him, he wraps his arms around me, and I do the same. I press my cheek against his chest and feel my face getting hot. He pulls me back, looking at me up and down. Butterflies flutter inside of my stomach once again as he gets on one knee.

"Hello, gorgeous."

"Dennis," I say, and he takes my hand.

"Thea, would you make me the happiest man in the world, and become my girlfriend?" he asks, pulling out a ring. The center is a medium-sized diamond shaped as a heart. Around the silver band are small diamonds covering the rest of the ring.

"Dennis . . . " I reply, in awe. A squeak comes out when I try to speak, and I can see the concerned look on his face. Finding the words to say, I stare down at the ring once more. Tears well up in my eyes as I figure out the best way to say my thoughts.

"Forever and always," I say, and hug him, causing him to fall back on the ground. He laughs and kisses me on the cheek, sliding the ring on my right hand. Examining it in awe, I look at him.

"You didn't have to-" I start to say, but he cuts me off with a gentle kiss. Running my fingers through his hair, it becomes more intense. Then, I remember what Daniel did to me, and softly break away. I feel myself blush with embarrassment as he cups my face with his hands and looks directly into my eyes.

"But I wanted to," he whispers and gives my cheek a few kisses. I am suddenly lifted off of the ground.

"C'mon, lemme show you around," he says and carries me towards a bridge. Laughing, he sets me down, and we walk hand in hand towards it.

 Laughing, he sets me down, and we walk hand in hand towards it

A/N

Hey guys!

What'd you think of this chapter? Feel free to lemme know below!

I hope you enjoyed it ^^

Love ya! xx