2

I head into school and my jealousy begins to take over. Why were dauntless so carefree? Why did I have to suffer?

A few people stare at me, maybe because I was dressed differently or the bruise on my cheek.

My first lesson was Faction History.

Lunch had finally come and I could tell I wasn't the only abnegation feeling nervous

Any other faction looked calm, I took my seat next to Caleb and we sat quietly, my eyes sometimes glancing at the Erudite discussing political matters or Dauntless laughing and playing cards.

There were 8 people who would test you for your aptitude test, they would not allow you to be tested by someone who was in the same faction, that was the rules. Caleb was called and 7 others and he looked quite calm. 15 minutes later he came back, worry filled his eyes. He smiled at me but I could tell it was fake. Everything was fake about my family and I hated it.
My name was called and I headed into the room where we to be tested.

A woman covered in tattoos was my administrator and looked to be a Dauntless because of her black clothing. She smiled at me and glanced at the bruise on my cheek but hadn't questioned it. I was quite thankful she didn't, I hadn't come up with any excuses.
"My names Tori and I'm your administrator"

"Just sit down and we'll get started" I sit down in the large chair and was quickly blinded by a white light glaring down at me.

"Drink this"

"What is it?"

"I can't tell you that, sorry"

I drink it and found it tasting quite bitter and soon found myself in a dark room. Where was I? I didn't have much time to think about what was going on because a dog which looked like it was about to wake had his eyes on me.

In front of me was a knife and cheese. It barked loudly and charged at me. There were tables surrounding the room and I decided to grab the knife and seek protection behind them. I swiftly ran past the dog and dived behind a table. It would easily find me but I quickly prepared myself to attack. It scratched my hand a second before I stabbed it. Blood poured out and I felt sick.

I was then transported into a bus. A man sat in one of the seats and glared at me. His beard was unshaven and his eyes look sleepy. Faction less.

"Do you know who this is?" He asked pointing to someone on the front of a newspaper article titled murderer. I, again, felt nauseated. It would be too obvious if I said no but if I said yes he- I don't want to think about it.

I could see the hope in his eyes. But I shook my head. "You could save me" he said desperately. I narrowed my eyes.
"No I don't"

I suddenly woke up again almost as if it was a dream and Tori looked at me wide eyed. "Listen to me, your results are inconclusive, it's called divergent" I was so confused. What did she mean by inconclusive? "You mustn't tell anyone, no one not even after the choosing ceremony"

What was going on? "You have three choices for a faction, this is extremely rare and most people will only ever get two"

"You got Dauntless, Abnegation and Erudite"

"Go home, don't worry, I'll say you were sick but please- you need to leave"

My stomach churned and my voice felt trapped in my throat. I nodded and quickly hurried out.