Chapter 8

Chapter 8 JULES:

Oh shit. Fuck. Oh my god. 

I squint my eyes shut and bite my lip hoping this isn't really happening...only to open my eyes to see Zac rolling down his window and turning his red cheeked face towards the sheriff. 

"Excuse me Sir, ma'am. I'm going to need to see some identification."

As I hand my ID over to Zac and he hands them to the sheriff he asks us if we are aware we are parked right out front of someone's cabin...that is currently occupied. 

I lean forward to look out Zac's window as the sheriff steps aside to reveal a family of five standing on their front porch. My face flushes an even deeper shade of red, as if that was even possible as I offer an apologetic half smile. I've never been so embarrassed. 

"I'm sorry sir...we just got caught up in the moment...we didn't realise there were people around." Zac sounded a lot less embarrassed than I felt. Damn him. 

"Well, Mr. Hanson, Miss O'Harra...I'm not going to give you a ticket or anything...I just suggest moving along and maybe waiting until you're behind closed doors to continue this...adventure." And with that he turned around and headed back to his car.

Zac offered a small "Sorry" wave to the amused family on their porch as he started his truck up and sped out of there. 

Neither one of us said anything for a good ten minutes when all of a sudden Zac starts snickering and then busts out in an uncontrollable laugh. I turned to look at him and couldn't been help but start laughing myself. 

"Oooh my God Jules, you should have seen your face when you saw those people!!" 

"Oh shut up! Like you weren't all red cheeked when the officer came to the window." I was struggling with my words in between laughing yet all I could think about was how sexy Zac was when he was laughing, he was so relaxed and comfortable. I couldn't stop smiling.

A few minutes later after the laughter had died down, Zac turns to me, noticing my smile and asks what I'm thinking. All I could do was shake my head and smile even wider.

"What?" Zac asks with a little head tilt. 

"Just thinking about how crazy we are."

"Whoa, we're crazy? You're the one following a guy you hardley know back to his house like a thousand miles from you're home." Zac tried to hide the smile creeping across his face as he offered me a wink. 

"Oh shut up." I said as I threw my head back and rested it on the headrest. "You're the crazy one who asked me to follow you." I turned my head to the left to look at Zac, taking him all in. My God, he was seriously something else. His hair was in a messy manbun, pieces falling out all over the place, his left hand on the steering wheel, his right resting impatiently on his thigh that seemed to just be itching for my touch...

My innapropriate thoughts were interuppted by Zac's voice a few moments later. 

"I'm not crazy...just crazy in like with you, Jules." He was so confident in his words. My heart fluttered to my stomach in an instant. 

"I'm crazy in like with you too, Zac. So crazy." He reached over, grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him. He wrapped his arm around me as I snuggled into his side and he planted a kiss on the top of my head. So many tingles...I think I'm falling.