Chapter 1 (Error)

(Hello :) Okay, so I decided to write a written version of my comic on Instagram. I don't think that the chapters in the written version will match with the comic chapters xD. I really want to develop the backstory here and add as much detail as I can. There's no villians in this story, nor are there heroes. This complicated story is simply what it is and it's different from everyone's perspective. Enjoy :3

--------------------------------

The past few weeks had been exhausting for Error. He had grown distant and preferred to spend most of his time in the void, alone.

"Ink doesn't care... He probably doesn't even miss me when I'm gone." He said to himself, his voice cracking and glitching into the infinite emptiness of the void.

Ink had been acting strange lately... Spending extra time with Paperjam and what not.

He sighed. It wasn't so strange now that he'd thought about it. Paperjam had recently shown creative tendencies. Ink was overjoyed when he had finished his first painting. It had been a landscape painting, a lush forest overlooking a cliff as the sun rose. Ink hung it up over the dining table. Error despised the painting but never said anything bad about it out loud. At least it made Ink happy...

Error still couldn't shake the feeling that Ink was hiding something else from him. This thought kept him up at night. Ink had become distant. When he came back from the void there was rarely even a kiss to welcome him back, usually he just was given a simple "hey, PJ missed you."

But maybe Ink was just tired. Error understood that some days their jobs were more difficult than other days. Creating and destroying was what kept balance in the multiverse, it was their responsibility to do their job. The life of an AU can only exist for so long before it becomes sour and unstable with genocide or some other tragedy. Destroying it to end the suffering was considered an act of mercy to Error.

"Heh. Abominations. Ink will never understand what he causes..."
He absentmindedly forced another sour AU into a bubble with his threads, summoned a single gasterblaster, and "popped" the universe.

Shards of it clattered onto floor of the empty void and then evaporated into nonexistence. He crossed off the name of the universe on his list and moved onto destroying the next one.

All things had to come to an end, eventually...