Chapter 5 ~ Bittersweet memories part 2

Recap:

"Kathy? Did the mail come? It always comes at the same time but today it seems like..." she says coming out of the kitchen with a mug of coffee. I look up only to the sound of glass shattering.

"W .. Where did you get t..that?" she stutters staring at the wolf seal.

"M..mom what's this?" I ask with tears building up in my eyes.

" Kathy I... I was going to tell you but not like this.." she sighs reaching to touch me.

"No don't touch me ! Out of people Mom I thought you would be the last person who would keep things from me!"

"Kathy ...."

"No Mom I don't wanna hear it anymore!" I scream before running to my room slamming and locking my door.

"Kathy wait Kathy! Let me explain!" she bangs on my door. Well you should have explain it earlier because I don't wanna hear it anymore. Loudly I turn on my radio blocking out any sounds from outside my door.

________________________________________________________

*Kathy you should hear what your mother has to say..* No Virtue I don't wanna hear it.

*Kathy there must be a reason why she..* Virtue just stop!

*But...* But nothing. Swiftly I jump up from my bed and open my bedroom window. Right now I give a flying poop of what she has to say. I leap out the window and land with a loud thud. Out of all people who would have known that I can't even trust my OWN mother! But wait what's this strong chocolate smell. Instantly after smelling the air I charge toward the smell not once thinking about stopping. The faster I run the farther the smell seems to be. Soon enough all I can see is the blurs of the trees. My body starts to ache with the desire to change so badly but I don't want to give in at least not yet. The decision of only focusing on the chocolate smell seems to backfire. The harder I focus the more I find myself not able control the urge. Then bam as if the smell read my mind it stops moving. Slowly I ease out of running to a big clearing in the middle of the woods. For such a strong smell I can't find it's source. As soon I turn to my right my eyes meets the most clearest pairs of blue eyes I have ever seen on a brownish tan wolf. I should be feeling scared hey even uneasy but it's intense stare some how make me feel safe and secure. Like the wolf is my soul mate or something. Ummm what am I'm saying? It must be my fatigue talking.

"Kathy?" Hm this voice sounds very familiar.

"Kathy is that you?"' the voice ask. I turn around to see mom sitting on log staring at me.

"Mom.. I," I say not knowing how to reply. I turn back around to see that the wolf is gone.

"I didn't expect you be out here," she weakly smiles wiping a tear away.

"Well you see I'm going to go now...."

"Kathy," she says grabbing my hand. "Please let me explain..,"

"ok," I blankly answer still staring at where the wolf was standing before it disappeared.

"Kathy Please let me expl...huh?"

I sigh turning around to face her. "I said okay." She smiles dragging me over where she was sitting moments before.

"So where should I begin?" she ask herself.

"How about telling me what's this letter is about?"

"Well you see when I was your age I met the love of my life, your father. We were inseparable. However you see a lot of people despise me because your father chose me."