Chapter 1 - Juliette Sutton

One of the good things about being the only girl in the family was I am practically a princess. No one ever treated me better except my grandfather and my brothers. If someone breaks my heart, they will break their legs. If I want something, they will make it true in no time.

But...

Being the only girl in the family has its perks as well as its flaws. They might be my knight in shining armor at some point in my life. Sometimes I forget that they're also a cold-hearted soldier that ruined my life.

"Where are you?" Pierce Sutton never surprised me this early. Usually, the majordomo at the manor does the call and delivers the message. I bet there was an important issue until he decided to call me alone.

"What do you care about?"

"You should come home."

I almost let out a snorting sound. "Do I need to remind you that I didn't come home because Gramps stole my ideas to build a subsidiary company? And the twisted part was you jump into the same pool and become the CEO."

Last year on Christmas Eve should have been the best night ever. After years of planning to build my dream company under my name, I decided to pitch my idea to my grandfather. Instead of getting feedback and full support from him, he chooses to go against me. Not only that, he even asked my older brother to run the company.

What a good grandfather! He should win the best grandfather of the year. And I was more than eager to congratulate him on the stage and tell everyone in the room that he betrayed me.

"We realized that we were wrong. That's why I called you. We wanted you to come home so we could apologize to you."

"Apologizing doesn't make any difference. Just so you know." My smile lasted for the time I mouthed 'thank you' after the bartender poured me a fresh cocktail as a compliment.

"What if I told you that you can have the company and the position back?" Seemed that Pierce was using his business logic to try negotiating.

"That company and that position have been mine since the beginning by the way." I conveyed the truth. "You need something bigger to offer if you want me to come home and accept your apologies."

"Alright, what do you want? I'm listening..."

I took a leisurely sip before giving him a response. "You have sixty percent share on Sutton Publishing when Conrad and I only received thirty each. I wanted you to give me another ten percent."

Silence hummed in the air around Pierce. I consider it wasn't too much to ask. Their billion-dollar multinational company printed money for our family at more than a million per hour. "Do we have a deal?" I prompted.

"How about you come home first? I would willingly agree to your term and persuade gramps to sell his Aspen house to you."

Part of me was intrigued by his offer. Especially the Aspen house in my grandfather's possession. I'm dying to buy that house from him because there were a lot of memories and I'm scared that my grandfather's will would not include that house for me. But I need to remind myself that Pierce could be foxy.

"You— '' I put down my glass on its saucer. I cannot believe he beat me this time. It was a good deal. "Fine. We discussed this further at home."

A cocky smile certainly bloomed on his lips. I rolled my eyes at his little triumph over the phone. "See you later, Jules." His exclamation ended the call.

I swung my legs off the stools and grabbed my handbag. By the time the SUV dropped me on a runway near the jet with a name painted above the wing: SUTTON, a Caucasian pilot, and two brunette Latina attendants greeted me with warm smiles. I don't know whether this is a coincidence that I am at the airport or if this is my lucky day. There is only one way to find out.