Chapter-II

I was really excited because Roshan’s dad said that he had arranged Flight tickets for us. I told Shalini about this and she told that she was happy for me.

My parents dropped me at the airport and spoke with Roshan’s dad because he was also accompanying our band. My friends arrived and only Sam was upset because Sowmya was not able to come with him.

“Don’t worry dude! We’ll anyway have to reach Chennai first and then only who can go to Delhi. So during our return, we can see Sowmya at her medical college! I’m sure Roshan’s dad won’t mind!”

He gave a smile, started to speak with my friends and was back to normal after that. Muneer was making silly jokes as usual which made us laugh. Kaushik was also excited like me because we were both going to travel in the plane for the first time of our life!!

Finally Serene arrived and I introduced her to Muneer and Roshan. It was all set and we were all ready to go! I was astonished to look at the interior of a plane for first time, while Roshan started nagging me. 

"Dey Yash! Please do a help for me?"

"What da?"

"You sit with my dad today okay?"

"Why? I was planning to sit near Serene and Madhav!"

"Dey please da? You are my friend na?"

"Okandhu thola!! I’ll sit with your dad! Anyway there are three seats so someone has to sit to you near you!"

"I’ll sit with Kaushik and Serene so that I can know them better!"

"Kedi da you are! Anyway have fun"

After the journey started, I first felt uncomfortable then slowly I started to enjoy it. I spoke with the uncle about my college, we even enjoyed looking at the aerial views of mountains and seas! It was fun to have Roshan’s dad near me.

After we reached Delhi, some people shook hands with uncle and showed us the way to a white Bentley car! I was travelling in a costly car for the first time, all my friends were also really excited. I saw the board “100 Aurangazeb road” and the car drove swiftly towards a big gate.

After the watchman saw the car, he opened the gate. It was a beautiful mansion! I and my friends stopped chatting and went inside the house. The house had a large living room, shiny white marble floor and glittering chandeliers hung from fifteen-foot high ceiling. It was more like a palace than a house.

Inside were two people well dressed, one was a man with golden spectacles whose age must be similar to that of Roshan’s dad and another a lady standing near him, who probably is his wife. Uncle went towards them and greeted the man.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Somani! Nice to see you both after a long time"

"Hey Rajeevan, it’s nice to see you too. Is that your son Roshan?  These are the kids who will be performing for the concert day after tomorrow?"

"Yeah they are!"

Rajeevan was the name of Roshan’s dad? I itself haven’t heard that name because every time I used to call him “Roshan’s dad’. While uncle introducing, a pretty girl ran into the hallway and looked at all the faces in the hall.

"Hey Riya Somani? Come here pretty girl!"

"Hello Rajeevan uncle! How are you? Who are they?"

"They have come for the concert which your father has organised!"

She smiled and shook hands with all of us. It was clear that she was very younger to me. After a grand lunch, Mr.Somani showed us the place in the guest house where we were staying and also the place for practising the concert.