Chapter 2

"Where are you going?"

Jeremy stopped startled and looked at me behind him. I was siting in the living room with a mug of coffee. It was early in the morning and I was watching TV.

Jeremy stammered slightly, his hand on the knob of the door. I smirked placing down the mug.

"Going to the 'Wood Shop' again?" I teased chuckling making air quotes at the place. Jeremy sighed closing his eyes. I smiled softly, sympathetically "Hey. I'm not Elena nor my mom, okay? I just hope you stop before it's too late, but I won't push you, everyone has different ways of grieving"

Jeremy's eyes softened and he walked to me siting next to me.

"You know you're the best cousin I could ask for, right?" He asked quietly. I smiled a small smile as he wrapped his arms around me in a hug "Please, Jill, don't change. I love you" I hugged back tightly closing my eyes. After a couple of seconds I pulled away and smiled a teasing smile

"Go ahead, stoner boy. Just don't take too much. I'll hate to see you get real stoned"

He chuckled shaking his head and stood up.

"Actually, I'm going to see Vicky at the hospital first" my eyes softened remembering his big crush on Matt's sister. I smiled and nodded "I'll see you at school, Jill"

I waved and threw my head backwards to the coach sighing. I hope Vicky's fine. Being attacked by an animal mustn't be nice.

~~~~~~*~~~~~

At history class, Mr. Tanner is giving us a lecture

"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration" he sighed exasperated looking to my side, when the entire class, Elena and Stefan were exchanging lovely puppy eyes. "Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?"

They dropped their gazes and shook their heads at Tanner quickly, he pursed his lips and sighed about to scold them when the bell rang notifying the class begin over.

I shoved my book on my school back and walked away of the classroom, finding Bonnie and Caroline walking together. I really wanted to spend time with Bonnie but Caroline being there made it impossible. I backed away slowly trying not to be seen, but fate didn't like that and I bumped into a guy from behind me

"Woah. Careful, Jillian" a soft male voice said from behind me holding my shoulders balancing me on my feet. I looked back and saw Stefan's small smile.

"Jill!"

I closed my eyes sighing hearing Caroline's voice from behind me. Stefan noticed and chuckled

"I take it you both don't like each other" he whispered at me. I pursed my lips and shook my head slowly, faking a smile and turned to face Caroline with Bonnie hot in her heels

"Something like that. See you around Stefan"

He nodded smiling and walked past me leaving the corridor. Caroline following his figure with her eyes. She shook her head and focused her green eyes at me.

"What did he want?" I opened my mouth to answer but she interrupted me holding up her hand "Never mind. I don't want to know" I rolled my eyes crossing my arms "Anyway, you and Bonnie are close, so you can tell me, is she psychic or clairvoyant?"

I frowned tilting my head aside and looked at Bonnie shrugging

"Neither, her Grams says she's a witch" I chuckled.