"Fin, what's the big deal?" Logan asked. "You were flirting with that worker at the comic book store, but if I want to go to a dance because some girls asked me, suddenly they're ditsy?"

       "I wasn't flirting with him!" I said. "You asked me to distract one of the workers and that's what I did! All I did was ask him about Minecraft stuff. What's so flirty about that?"

       "The fact that you chose a good-looking worker," Logan said. "You couldn't have chosen and older one? Or an ugly one?"

       "Why is it such a big deal?" I asked. "I did what you told me to do to complete the task, but you're getting all mad at me."

       "You're the one getting mad at me for wanting to go to the dance," Logan said.

       "Maybe because you're just going because those stupid cheerleaders asked you to," I said. "You said you were only going if I went."

       "Maybe I changed my mind," Logan said.

       "Maybe I want to go with you, though."

       "Maybe you should."

       "Maybe I will."

       "Wait, I'm confused," Logan said. "Are you coming to the dance or not?"

       I picked up another fry and threw it at him. "Stupid."

       "I was just asking," he said. "I'll take that as a yes. Are you okay, though? You seem....more angry than usual."

       I sighed. I didn't even know why I was angry about it. If Logan wanted to go to the dance without me, it should be fine. So why was I mad about it?

       Someone approached the table and once I saw who it was, I was tempted to throw the rest of my fries at him. "I thought you transferred schools," I said.

       My ex-boyfriend, Toby, smiled. "I did, but I came back this year. The other school was just too far for me to keep driving to everyday. Isn't it great that I'm back?"

       "No."

       Toby gave me a fake pout. "Aww, why not? I thought you would be happy to see me."

       "Logan, make him go away," I said.

       Toby looked over at Logan, confused at first, but then he broke into an amused smile. "Oh, Loner Logan. I see you're back, and very different I can tell," he said.

       "Why are you bothering Fin?" Logan asked with a sigh.

       "Oh, you don't know?" Toby asked. "Infinity's my girlfriend."

       "Holy crap, we broke up," I said. "Remember? Over a year ago when you decided to cheat on me? So just go away."

       "Not yet," Toby said. "I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me?"

       "Too late," Logan said. "She's going with me, so leave her alone."

       "I didn't know you two were an item," Toby said. "I see. Infinity, when things don't work out with this loser, you know where to find me." He winked at me and left, but not before I threw a fry at him with a scowl.

       I hated Toby. He was such a jerk and so self-centered. I should have dumped him long before I found out he was cheating on me.

       "You dated Toby?" Logan asked. "Even though he was always mean to me when we were eleven?"

       I sighed, hating to admit the fact that I did date him. "Yeah. I thought he changed when he asked me out, so I gave him a chance. Needless to say, I regret it. I really regret it."

       "I could see why," Logan said. "He's still a jerk."

       "You got that right."

__________________

Aww, they're both so jealous. cx It's so, as Flynn would say, kawaii.

And speaking of Flynn, here's a gif for all you Flynn lovers:

So with this book, I'm going to try posting at least one chapter every day, or every other day

So with this book, I'm going to try posting at least one chapter every day, or every other day. Like I've said before, I shouldn't take too long to post a chapter since I'm just rewriting the book with some changes. Since the tasks are all figured out, I won't have to plan anything out.

And I can't wait for chapter 10. :)