I

88 days ago.

"Vic! Did you remember to buy dog food yesterday?" I called after my forgetful boyfriend as I waited in the kitchen, my arms crossed in front of my chest with the empty dog food container settled beside me.

"Uh- about that, darling-" He came in rushing down the stairs, his fingers brushing through his hair as he looked at me apologetically, not being able to finish his words as he saw me looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Thought so." I mumbled, shaking my head and faking an angry façade. I turned around and faced the sink instead, trying to act as if I am continuing with whatever the heck I was doing before with the already clean dishes.

"I'm sorry. I got caught up with so much work last night in the office and when I went to the pet store, they were already closed." He mumbled against my shoulder as his arms found their way around my waist. Of course I couldn't be mad at him, he's Vic. And that's just how things work in this household, apparently.

I love him with every fiber of my body and I know that he is the same way with me. I am sure of it. Sometimes, our friends would get annoyed on how clingy and cliché we could get but we don't care because that's just how Vic and I work and that's the way things are and have been for eight years now. Some would say that the "spark" between couples would eventually fade after seven months or so of being in a relationship but I believe that that doesn't apply to Vic and I.

"Well, do you want to go grocery shopping with me?" I asked as I set the last glass on its respective rack.

"Of course." He replied and pecked my cheek, his arms tightening around me in such a warm and loving way that made my heart implode. Seriously, I am amazed as to how we could still keep the flames alive between us. Of course the usual bantering and fights are present every now and then but we actually solve them and none of us keep our pride set up high. "I'll just go and change my clothes." He mumbled as he started separating from me, his warmth instantly disappearing from its rightful place against me.

"No, you still look hot like that." I cooed as I spun around, my arms resting on his shoulders. He smiled at me adoringly and I crinkled my nose, trying to stop myself from smiling like a fool as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I look like a mess, darling." He said with a chuckle. "I didn't even get to check myself because I rushed when you yelled."

"You are always a mess. A hot mess." I said with a wink, earning yet again another heart-melting chuckle from him. I buried my face at the crook of his neck, smiling at myself and generally just savoring this exact moment. Sure, it's just a normal scene but I do like paying attention to the littlest details that happens to us – just like this one.

"I thought we're going grocery shopping?" He whispered next to my ear, his hand running up and down comfortingly on my back, making me shiver.

"Yeah. Just give me a sec. I am enjoying this way too much." I mumbled and he laughed lightly at that. "It's true though."

"Yes but after we finish doing our grocery, we'll be back and then we could watch a movie and cuddle." He offered and I instantly beamed at the idea, looking up at him with a huge smile.

"What are we waiting for, then? Let's go!" I grabbed his hand and snatched my messenger bag and car keys on the way out of the house.