1 |His meeting|

Jinyoung adjusted his tie and checked his reflection in the mirror one last time before turning towards the door. His newfound confidence has been helping him neglect any nervousness. He was a professional. He didn't need to worry.

But he did.

Jinyoung had never been this anxious before. He couldn't control his own heart beating, his palms were sweaty and his legs were shaky.

"Sir, are you okay?"

The man behind Jinyoung shifted his gaze towards him. His cold stare met Jinyoung's similar one.

"I'm fine, Jaebum. You don't need to worry."

"Your health-"

"Don't worry," Jinyoung repeated waving his hand towards his bodyguard, "I'm in perfect condition. Now, let's go."

"You can sit this one out, you know," Jaebum tried again, his informal speech making the boy turn around and face him, "Don't glare at me. I'm saying this as a friend."

"You are not my friend while at work. You're here to-"

"-take bullets for you, not give you sucky advices," The bodyguard rolled his eyes a small smile tugging at his lips, "I know."

The smile dissapeared the moment the door cracked open. A young maid walked inside bowing slightly as she spoke.

"They've arrived."

A deep sigh escaped Jinyoung's lips as he signalled for Jaebum to follow him.

||

To say that the restaurant was luxurious would be an understatement. The walls were painted in dark red, some parts having golden trails in various sizes. Gently hanging around the windows, white silk curtains were adding to the royal atmosphere. Vases in different colors were neatly placed in the center of each table, fresh flowers laying in them. It was breathtaking...

...Or it would've been for Jinyoung if he wasn't used to seeing it everyday. A quick look around was all he gave to the restaurant.

He pointed to a certain table. It had tons of different meals placed on it although only three people were surrounding it at the moment. The fourth seat was empty.

With heavy feet the boy walked towards the chair quickly whispering to Jaebum he's free to go.

"It was great until-Ah, yes. This is my son," One of the older men stood up motioning towards Jinyoung, "Jinyoung, Mr. Tuan."

"I apologize for the wait," The called boy bowed ninety degrees respectfully and took his seat.

"Oh, no. You don't have to worry one bit," The other, Mr. Tuan Jinyoung reminded himself, spoke, "We were just discussing the terms of the contract. You're just on time."

"Mark."

The bold introduction made Jinyoung curse himself mentally for not remembering there was a fourth person on their table. It surprised him too, how unbothered the other's expression looked. Almost as if he was bored.

They shook hands - Mark holding onto his hand for a little longer than needed just to study his reaction. Jinyoung politely managed to pull away just before it got awkward.

He didn't want to look at the other boy at all. Something in him didn't seem right but Jinyoung knew better than to make any comments.

"Excuse my son," Mr. Tuan spoke eyeing Mark and giving Jinyoung an apoligentic look, "He has a temper."

"It's okay."

||

The rest of the dinner went smoothly although Jinyoung could feel Mark's eyes on him most of the time. He wasn't sure if it was scaring him or not.

"As for the contact...Jinyoung just sign here-Jinyoung?"

The boy whose name has been called twice now finally slipped out of his trance and looked up from his plate.

"Ah, yes."

He scanned through the contract, nothing in particular grasping his attention. He put his signature in the designed area but his handwriting smudged at the end when he saw the full name on the bottom of the sheet.

Mark Tuan.

He stifled a laugh trying not to let his realization show. He looked up at the boy in front of him, a tiny smirk playing on the other's lips. Jinyoung returned the expression soon enough and Mark seemed a bit puzzled.

"Jinyoung, are you oka-"

"I need to go to the bathroom," Mark cut in Jinyoung's father in the middle of his sentence, "Jinyoung, could you please show me the way?"

"Of course."

The moment they turned the corner, Jinyoung found himself trapped between the wall and Mark. He was inches away from the other's face but that didn't seem to bother any of them right now.

"Jinyoung-ah, is it really you? It's you, right? Park Jinyoung?"

Mark's questions removed all the doubt from Jinyoung's thoughts as he nodded viciously.

"Mark-hyung!"

||

a/n
I still don't know what's happening myself bare with me