Chapter eighteen

Chapter eighteen

"Andrea! Get yourself together!" She told herself as she looked in the mirror seeing her reflection. She took a deep breath and open the tap. She splashed some water to her face and looked back to her reflection. Stained of tears were plastered on her face as she tried to get them off.

She splashed more water and when she couldn't identify the stain of tears anymore, she took some paper towel and wiped her face. She then put on her glasses that was resting by the counter.

"Just relax. It's just a boy. A very, very bad boy that you shouldn't even get involve with." She told herself pointing at her reflection on the mirror.

She was running late this morning because she overslept. She tried so hard to fall asleep last night but thoughts of Ryder almost kissing her clouded her mind. She had mixed emotions towards him. It wasn't really her fault that she didn't know where they stand because he was giving her different signs. It was like one moment he likes her and then another, he was angry at her. She just didn't know what to think.

She blew out one final sigh and took her bag from the ground and slung one of the strap to her shoulder. She took a final glance at her reflection and walked out making her way to her class when the bell rang. It was already lunch and she was completely astonish. She didn't even notice the time. She must've been in the bathroom for a long time.

Instead of heading to class, she went to her locker and changed books and binders for the next half of the day. She closed her locker and made her way to the cafeteria. She scanned the whole room and found Steven seated on the table near by the windows.

Andrea slowly walked up to him and sat opposite from him. Steven eyes her suspiciously. He knew something was up and Andrea weren't being herself. When Andrea felt the stare that she was earning from him, she looked up from her lap and met his concerned eyes.

"What's wrong?" Steven asked softly. Andrea shook her head in response as Steven let out a sigh.

"If you don't want to tell me, it's fine. But you have to eat." He said shoving the tray of food in front of her.

Andrea shot him a grateful smile. "Thanks, but I'm not really hungry." She stated pushing the tray back to him.

"You do know that you're not going to win this argument, right?" He asked with a smirked plastered on his face.

"But Steven-"

"I will feed you if I have to." He said cutting her off. Andrea hesitated and took the apple on the tray. She took a small bite and grinned at Steven like a five-year old child as he let out a chuckle.

"You have to eat this too." He demanded passing a sandwich. Andrea gave him the puppy dog eyes that looked oh so adorable. "It's not gonna work." Steven laughed. "You have to eat, Andrea."

"But I told you I'm not hungry." She complained whining like a big baby.

"Andrea..." Steven said in a challenge voice.

"Fine!" She huffed unwrapping the sandwich and eating it.

"Good girl." He said patting her hair. Andrea shot him a frown face and continued eating the sandwich no matter how much she wanted to throw it out.

"Now, do you want to tell me what had gotten into you?" He asked concern flashing in his eyes again.

"No, not really." She said quietly shaking her head slowly. She looked down at the sandwich that was on her hand and played with the crumbs like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"I know it's about Ryder." Steven said causing Andrea to whipped her head to his attention meeting his eyes. Her eyes were wide in pure shock. 'How did he know?' She thought.

"You're really easy to read." He said with an amuse smile plastered on his lips. 'Did he just read my mind?' She asked thoughtfully.

"No, I didn't read your mind." Steven laughed causing Andrea to be more astonish. "And before you give me that unbelievable look, no, I'm not a psychic. You were just talking out loud." He stated as Andrea furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"I was?" She asked as Steven nodded his head letting out a chuckle.

"Yeah, you were." He announced, then his smile faded away turning his expression into a serious one. "Now tell me, what did Ryder do?"

"Is this really how having a friend is like? I need to be interrogated and answer questions?" She rhetorically asked rolling her eyes.

"Pretty much, yeah. Now talk, before I make you." He challenged shooting her a pointed look.

"It really doesn't matter, Steven. I'm fine now. Will you please just drop it?" She asked pleadingly.

"Fine, but if I see you like this again, I might do something about it."

"Please, no! I promise you this is not going to happen again. Just promise me you won't get involve. I know that you and Ryder are like arch enemies. I'm not going to be one the subjects you two fight about. Please, just promise me you'll do nothing to him!" She begged shooting him the puppy dog eyes and pouted lips.

"I can't promise you anything, Andrea. Especially if it's about Ryder." He admitted.

"Please, just don't get yourself into a situation that you'll probably regret."

"Fine, I gotta go." He said as he took his bag and walked out of the cafeteria leaving Andrea alone.

~ * ~ * ~

Ryder stepped on the brakes and and the car stopped in a holt. He was mad, furious, stress! He knew he was growing feelings for Andrea and that was what terrify him the most. He didn't want to fall in love with her. Heck, he didn't even want to like, like her.

"UGH!" He growled running a hand through his hair in frustration. He took a deep breath and got out of the race car which was now parked in the middle of the race track. It was still a little early to be in the track, people usually starts to show up at around three in the afternoon for practice or amateur racing.

Ryder sat on the bench near the track and opened the lid of his water bottle taking a drink from it.

"Nice seeing you here." A deep voice from behind him said sarcastically. He walked down from the stairs where the bleachers were and stood next to the bench where Ryder was.

"I'm sorry about yesterday." Ryder apologized not even glancing up at him. He already knew it was his trainer, Paulo, because of his thick Spanish accent.

"You should be! I need you to take this seriously, Collins. I know that outside the track you have a life too, and so do I. I can't waste time anymore. I'm doing this for you. That's why I'm here, so please, go to practices and be here on time. If you can't do this little responsibility I'm telling you to do, then maybe you're not ready for the championship." Paulo stated.

"I am so ready for the championship!" Ryder declared. " I promise you, no more distraction." He announced as Paulo nodded his head.

"Okay, I'll give you another chance. Why don't you show me how ready you are for the championship?" He suggested tilting his head towards the car as Ryder grinned and jogged up to the car. He got in and put on is seatbelt.

"I'll make you proud, coach!" He teased causing Paulo to laugh as Ryder stepped on the gas and the car moved rapidly.

_______________________

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks so much for understanding that I'm really busy. I try my best to update every now and then though.

I really hope you guys don't just read but you also VOTE and maybe comment your thoughts about the book. I want some opinions of what you want to happen in the story. I really hope you comment and vote. I really appreciate it!

Thanks loves! :) <3