Chapter 77: Aaron's Attack

Start from the beginning

"Are there demons here?" Zak asked.

Silence.

"Are there spirits here?" Zak asked.

Silence.

"Can you hear us?" Zak asked.

After a minute or two of silence, Zak stopped walking and decided to do a live review of the recording. Zak rested one hand against the wall, and bowed his head down, putting his ear close to the recorder as he played back the last few minutes of the tape.

"What did the Satanic Worshippers do to this castle?"

"Did they bring the Diablo?"

Zak lifted up his head, pausing the recording briefly and looked into my camera.

"That's when I tried saying Devil, I think I said it right," Zak said, with a slightly innocent looking smile on his face, before bowing his head back down near the recorder.

My heart fluttered.

"Are there demons here?"

"Are their spirits here?"

"Can you hear us?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin when, seconds after Zak's voice asked the question, the sound of women laughing emitted from the recorder.

Zak lifted his head up and stared into my camera in shock.

"What the fuck..." Aaron said.

I just stood in shock.

"That sounded like a bunch of women laughing," Aaron spoke again.

Zak turned around and took his camera from me – which I had been carrying for him –walked into the stairwell, and stood near a window. Aaron and I followed him. I stayed on the same level as Zak, but Aaron walked up a few steps to get a different camera angle. Zak aimed his camera out the window, which showcased the lights of Romania shining off in the distance.

"There's nobody out there. Probably a mile until you get to those lights," Zak commented, pointing at the lights.

He turned around and filmed Aaron when he spoke.

"Zak...honestly, that was so clear, that it sounded like someone standing right here," Aaron said.

"Right," Zak nodded in agreement.

"You would of heard girls laughing, and been like 'oh, people outside laughing', you would of said that. That is the most clearest thing that I've ever heard," Aaron said.

I nodded in agreement, but Zak wanted to be thorough. He handed his camera back to me, and then took out his walkie talkie, as he leaned against the staircase railing.

Aaron and I filmed him as he contacted one of the Romanian security guards patrolling outside the castle.

"Come in security, come in security. Please hold the button down for a couple of seconds and then speak," Zak said into the walkie talkie, briefly resting his forehead down on his arm.

He must be feeling miserable...I thought sadly.

I couldn't help sympathizing with him. I was feeling miserable too, from a combination of the cold, the tension, and still being worn out from the investigation at the Hoia-Baicu Forest.

They weren't lying about these 'lockdown hangovers'...I thought.

"Yes, go," a security guard replied over the walkie talkie.