Chapter 63: Better Than Cake

Despite my warning, Zak wasn't able to fully protect himself in time. He had seen the panicked look on my face, and turned around to see what I was looking at. He barely got an arm up in time to protect his face, as the guy lashed out with the shard of glass, slashing the underside of Zak's forearm.

"Son of a bitch!" Zak exclaimed in shock and pain, momentarily grasping the gash, before lunging toward the guy.

Thankfully, security and Aaron intervened.

"Woah bro! Don't even think about it," Aaron said, stepping partially in front of Zak and grabbing him with both arms.

Two of the security guards had grabbed onto the guy, taking the shard of glass from him and pulled his arms behind his back.

"That's enough! Come on you," one of the guards said firmly, starting to lead the guy away, he and Zak glaring at each other.

I suddenly noticed the bartender appear with a small, folded towel in his hands.

"Here," he offered, handing the towel to Zak.

"Thanks bro," Zak said, taking the towel once Aaron let him go, and held it against his arm.

"Do you need us to call an ambulance, sir?" One of the security guards asked.

"No, I'll be fine," Zak said.

"You should at least go to the hospital," Cheryl suggested softly.

I stepped around to stand in front of Zak, gently taking his arm and lifting it up to examine the gash.

"It doesn't look deep," Aaron said, examining the gash as well.

"I still think we should go to the hospital," I said.

"It's not that bad, I'll just bandage it up at home," Zak said.

I gave him a look.

"Don't pull the stubborn, macho man act. We're flying to half way across the world tomorrow. What if it gets infected?" I said firmly.

Zak sighed, looking reluctant, but then nodded.

"Alright, I'll go," Zak said, pressing the towel against the gash again.

"I'll come with you," I said. "Give me your keys," I added, holding a hand out.

I was more than happy to go with Zak, I'd be worried about him the entire time if I didn't go. And besides, I didn't want to be in the club anymore.

Zak looked momentarily shocked and horrified at the same time, and Aaron laughed at his reaction.

"Zak doesn't let anyone drive his car," Aaron said.

I couldn't help but laugh, rolling my eyes.

"Oh come off it," I said.

Zak suddenly jumped.

"Hey! Watch it!" Zak yelped, and it was then I noticed that Cheryl had reached into a pocket of his jeans, and pulled out his keys.

I smiled as she handed them too me.

"Sheesh, get a grip on your woman bro," Zak teased.

Aaron and Cheryl laughed.

"Come on you," I said, motioning for Zak to come with me.

"Do you want us to come with you? We didn't really get to celebrate your birthday," Cheryl said, looking slightly upset.

I gave her a reassuring look.