Chapter 7 (The Change)

En başından başla

"I didn't dye it black, nor did I use magic to change my hair color, did I?" I ask, looking at the Weasleys, realization in George's eyes, then Fred's nearly instantly as I say that.

"But-"

"It's complicated, Hermione. Just drop it." Fred calmly states, everyone furrowing their eyebrows at the sudden seriousness of the practical jokers.

"Hey, Hermione, do you know a girl named, Brittany Gillies-Nicole?" I question, looking at the girl I consider my sister, the Great Hall having slowly gone back to its lively chatter. Her brown eyes look into mine and she nods.

"Yeah, she lives across the street from me. Why?" She responds, my lips parting to speak, but George interjects.

"Soph, stop," He whispers. I snap my head to him and shake my head.

"No, no, no. You four don't get to call me Sophiana. In fact, I don't think anyone should call me that anymore." I throw back at him, everyone looking at me as if I'd gone insane.

"That's your name-" I cut Ron off as Ginny understands what is going on.

"Oh, but is it truly, Ron? I mean, that isn't the name that's on my birth certificate," I spit, realization still not forming in his eyes.

"Guys, what is she talking about?" Seamus questions, taking notice to the look in their eye.

"Nothing, I think she's gone into denial." Ron chuckles, trying to throw this off.

"About what? What could I possibly-"

"ABOUT YOUR MOM'S UNFORTUNATE DEATH!" He blurts, everyone in the Great Hall going silent. He interjected me to yell that.

"Soph-" Dean tries.

"Oh, denial's far from what I am feeling." I dangerously whisper, furious at him.

"Oh, really? What are you feeling?" Ron teases, just adding fuel to the flame.

"Betrayed, lost, hurt, angered... that's only a few." I begin, Ron rolling his eyes.

"There's no reason to be feeling those things."

"No reason, Ronald? Do you not understand what I am on about?" I interrogate, seeing him being completely serious with his response.

"No, I don't," He shrugs, taking a bite of his food.

"I'm on about the fact that you guys all lied to me about my entirety. You lied about my parents, my hair color, my past, my name. I'm going on about the fact the man and nightmares I have aren't just that, they're the dark, hidden parts of my past that you guys obliviated me from, erased my memory. You took my hair color hair, raven black isn't just some pretty color for me, it's the color of my biological dad's hair. My real mom, she didn't just give me up for adoption because she didn't want me. My name isn't Sophiana Contralez. I didn't grow up with you guys like you said. I have a half-sister named Brittany Gillies-Nicole. So tell me, Ron, how much about me do I really know now?" I question, tears brimming my eyes as everyone grows deadly silent, letting that sink in.

"Eliza-"

"You want to know what I'm thinking? Did you guys ever really care about me or was that just a part of the lies too?" I ask the four of them, looking George in the eye since he was the one going to talk.

"Elizabeth, of course we do." Fred begins.

"We were trying to protect you from him. It is the only safe way." George adds, my being backing away from the table and walking towards the door.

"We're sorry." Ginny adds with Ron chorusing the same thing a few seconds behind her.

"How am I supposed to trust that?" I question, pushing the door open. A hand grasps my wrist and tugs me around, my eyes looking up to find George towering over me.