36.2 - 'Game Over'

Start from the beginning

"Wasn't a good idea, to think you could overpower an alpha"He growled. And the last thing I knew he was lunging for me until my back pressed against the damp walls of the dungeon and my throat was trapped in the vice-like grip of his claw-like hands.

"The funny thing was, you were actually under the delusional impression that I hadn't realized you were coming. And what's laughable is that you actually thought you had the strength to imprison me. Are you mad?!"

"No, you are." I managed to gasp out, as his grip on my neck tightened. My eyes bulged as I struggled for breath. My guard was up at full force, but it seemed to not affect him at all now, which caused him to chuckle.

"You were too slow. Your guard can't force me away when I already have a hold of you; haven't you heard of 'be on your guard at all times?" He chucked, and doing so he released his grip slightly, allowing me to drag in some much-needed air. "Now where were we? Oh yes, I do believe two minutes is up" He smirked as he pulled back his free hand balled in a tight fist, and began to bring it towards my stomach. I panicked, so after a few seconds with still no impact- I opened my eyes. Only to be confronted with his confused gaze. I then looked down, to realize his fist was enclosed around mine, preventing him from hitting me. I felt him push forward, but still, I stopped him from bringing it any closer.

'I gave you half...' Klaus's voice ran through my head and as I remembered what he meant I smiled again. Okay, it didn't work last time, but I seriously have nothing left to lose.

With this thought, I braced my free arm on his chest while keeping my other firmly on his fist. I barely noticed the confused stare he was giving me as his hand around my neck loosened even more.

"Go to hell" I spat, and with that I pushed with all my force, throwing myself into him and then watched as his body flew into the opposite wall with a thundering crack. I threw a wild look to Evie but she was already on it, and soon the gate was shut and locked.

It was only when I let out the breath that I had been holding in for so long, that I began to reason again, and started looking around the basement to see if he had any backup. Only when I realized that we where alone, did I allow myself to smile in relief.

"What the f*ck is going on bitch?!" A bewildered James asked as he rubbed the back of his head.

"That's what he gave me" I smirked. "Half his power" I laughed in relief.

His eyes went wide in horror as his jaw opened and closed like a fish. "That was half?" He shrieked, which caused me to laugh some more as realization spread across his face.

"Yeah, you have no chance" I smirked. Knowing he understood what I meant.

I looked over to Evie who was unlocking my father's cell, but for some reason, I couldn't find it in me to help her. I looked over to my father, not knowing how I felt about him. I hated him so much, but I also loved him. It was a strange feeling and one I hoped to overcome yet I knew it wasn't going to happen easily.

"Let's get out of here," I told her once I was sure she had unlocked my father from his restraints.

"Don't think you can get away that easily, you little sl*t!"James snarled, but I only laughed.

"Games over James" I sighed and yanked open the door.

-

"We have hurry" Evie whispered as we ran across the back garden, I could see members of the pack watching us as we ran, but I refused to let that stop me. At the moment they were letting us go- of course, it wasn't their intention to kidnap me in the first place.

"I know," I said breathlessly, as we ran into the surrounding forest.

"Why are we running, the rest of the pack shouldn't get us and James is locked away" My father huffed, apparently out of breath already. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him.

"Just because he's locked away, doesn't mean the connection he has with the pack has vanished. He will order them to get us, even though they don't want to. They have no choice." Evie answered him for me and right on key. A chorus of howls echoed around the trees.

"We need to shift; we can't outrun them in human form."

"Um Sky, I don't think your father will make it," She said pointedly, and I looked back to see my father gripping his hand as it still poured out blood.

"Is there still our tree house, out near the Winston river bank?" I whispered as quietly as I could, but it was hard as my breath was coming out in pants- due to my pure level of unfitness.

"Yeah, I think so why? ...Oh okay let's go there" She grinned in realization and took hold of my hand and pulled me through the forest, with my father dragging along behind.

"We need to disguise your scent," Evie said once we found ourselves embedded waist deep in the river. I nodded and wadded my way through, but of course, it wasn't so easy for my father.

"Dad, I know it hurts and all, but seriously you gotta man up and stuff otherwise they'll see us." I snapped, feeling kind of bad as he cringed, but put his hand in the water and began to swim. "Um... I'm sorry" I whispered.

"No its fine, you're right." He replied and was still able to give me an apologetic smile which made me feel oh – so guilty. I couldn't dwell on it though, as before I knew It we were on dry land again.

The old tree house was a hideout Evie's father had made when Evie and I where only a measly five years of age. At the time we lived in a world of fairy tales. We were two princesses- our babysitters (My older cousins) taking prize position as our horses. With a mind of a five-year-old, it was all too easy to make two wolves into two magical unicorns. The memories of our childhood though seemed all too distant as I climbed up the old rickety ladder, to this damp, depressing little shack- like structure, only a few feet off the ground.

"Do you think they'll find us up here?" I asked, but my voice was still shaken up from the whole ordeal.

"I don't know; I think it's going to be touch and go" She sighed, as all three of us sat cramped around the small room.

"Our castle's shrunk" I whispered as a way to lighten the mood.

Evie laughed slightly and nodded. "Or we've grown" She smiled.

"Good times" I chuckled lightly and glanced over at my father. "I'm sorry for shouting at you dad" I frowned. I felt horrible looking at him now. He looked nothing like the father I had grown up with. He looked frail and week, and so unlike him that he was hardly recognizable.

"Here" I sighed and took hold of the injured hand, he still held close to his chest. My face scrunched up in disgust, but I put it to the back of my mind as absent-mindedly tore the bottom of my shirt. – Actually Evie's shirt. I looked over at her to apologize, but she was too busy staring out the window. I'd just finished securing the make-shift bandage to his hand when Evie spoke again.

"Did you pick up my phone before we left?" She asked suddenly, and I patted down the jean pockets, only coming up empty.

"Um... No" I frowned.

"Do you think Klaus's pack will find us?"

"My pack" I corrected her with a smile. "They'll find us. When they're close enough, I'll be able to hear their thoughts."

---