The water moved and she spun out of control. When her speed reduced, she noticed that she was now far from what was the rear part of the car, ripped apart from the rest, slowly sinking. Also she realized that it was still illuminated by that beam of light.

It was then that she saw.

It was a wooden hull of a ship with dozens meters long. At the bow had an eye painted with blue iris, which moved as if alive, focusing on its mouth just below, where its powerful jaw twisted the metal of its meal. The deck was covered by a slug, with several antenna pairs along its body, its tip projecting light toward the next target.

The girl could not hold anymore and her body twitched painfully, pulling water into herself. She struggled, taken by fear, not only because of drowning, but to see the ship beat its rudder and move with ease to devour what was left of the vehicle. The lights then reached her, all indicating that she would be the next one.

However, the ship's eyes widened and it quickly swam away until its lights disappear under the dark veil of water.

Meanwhile, the girl's head lifted and her mouth dropped open, searching the nonexistent air. Her arms and legs trying to reach the nothingness. Dizziness foreshadowing what she was already aware.

Then the agony ceased, as if someone had pressed a switch. In fact not only suffering, but the sense of her body left. The lightness and freedom in its place. She realized she was behind herself, seeing the shoulders of her body sinking. She was getting more and more distant and disconnected from it, followed by a sound of water that was gaining volume as the former...

Came the impact.

The sound possessed her being, bringing back the cold and pain. The water seemed to tear inside out uncontrollably through her nose and mouth. Her body had asked air again and it came, inflating the spaces it found and making her cough more. Her muscles, without strength, could only shake, only her eyes she was able to move.

The sound was coming from all directions, by huge walls of water that seemed to touch the clouds. She was moving away slowly from those walls, going toward the center.

She was floating in the air, but at the same time her body was floating in the water. Her weary mind did not understand and may never be possible.

However, realizing that everything was being illuminated by a light of weak blue, she looked for the source.

Above her, the light came. It was at the end of a staff and lit its bearer, a priestess. The most amazing was that she was standing on what would be a cloud of water.

That was too much for the girl. With the reality so challenged, her conscience abandoned her.

/人◕‿‿◕人\

At the end of a road

The night brought the fury of a storm to a village. The flashes of lightning ruled above the artificial lights, but it was a modest kingdom, as were few, only those in the lamp posts.

No window of the houses had any illumination, it was like everything was abandoned. If it were true, then no one would warn about the mass of mud that came from the forest trees that surrounded the place.

Fueled by heavy rain, as well as branches and fallen logs, the mud gained volume and rose. Arms and legs, stuck together, sprang up from the slimy hill and its top opened a circular hole.

The monstrosity was approaching the houses when suddenly, a lightning came from the sky and struck it, shortly followed by another. A continuous glow bathed the ambient and the windows of the houses vibrated incessantly at the sound of thunder.