Chapter 58

When she got a call from Tiffany's best friend 4 days after IT happened, she was in no shape to face the scary Jung.

"WHAT?!" Her voice boomed through the coffee shop. People looked at them with weird glances but she didn't care. Her eyes were fixated on Jessica's stoic look. Let's say she wasn't happy with Taeyeon for breaking her best friend's heart. But that's not the case right now as Taeyeon felt like her heart died for the second time that week.

"Jessica a-are you serious?" She stumbled over her own words.

"Taeyeon, do I look like I'm joking?" Her tone was clipped, enveloped with hospitality. Taeyeon's mind reeled and she wonders what else God has in stock for her. Enough was on her plate and now this?

She jammed her hand into her purse and searched for her phone to dial Tiffany.

"You think she'll pick up?"

Taeyeon ignored her and grabbed out her phone, almost letting it slip from her slippery sweating hands.

"HEY!" She growled as her phone was snatched away from her grip. Her desperate eyes scanned Jessica's face.

"Taeyeon. What would you say when you call to her? Beg her to stay? Don't you think it's too late? You should've done that 3 nights ago. I don't know what's happening between you guys and I'm in no place to command you to do anything. But Taeyeon, I just want to tell you something. In your current state as a busy superstar, can you guarantee that you can give her happiness and the attention she wants? Can you grand her your time? Maybe it's better to let things be like this. If it's meant to be, you guys will meet again, at the right time."

The younger girl proceeded to stand up, her purse in her hand. Her eyes gazed down at Taeyeon with pity.

"Tiffany warned me not to tell you this but I thought you should know. I don't know what you're planning to do but I thought you might want to bid her a proper farewell before she leaves...tomorrow morning. I've got to go now Taeyeon. I hope we'll meet again."

--------

It was 10 o'clock at night and Taeyeon was in her car, parked in front of Tiffany's apartment. She couldn't believe Fany was really leaving, and from what Jessica told her, for forever? That's insane. She rubbed her swollen eyes as she looked up to the floor Tiffany was on. She didn't know what brought her here but here she was, preparing to go up to meet Tiffany. But what happens after that? What happens after she comes face to face with Tiffany? Scratch that. Would she even open the door upon seeing Taeyeon?

She was here since 9 and had spent an hour procrastinating her time of going up to see Tiffany.

Her insides were still wrenching and she just sat there, in her seat staring out onto the streets. Her fingers were playing with her necklace, as once again tears fell down. She's been crying heavily for the past four days that her eyes were hurting non-stop and her vision was turning blurry. How can Tiffany just decide to leave? What about her?

Is she serious about ending this? Her gaze turned and landed on the red book placed neatly at the passenger seat. She didn't even remember she brought it with her. For all that she knew, she's been hugging that book to sleep every night now. Her shaking hands went for it, frightened at its content, of what is written inside it. The pads of her fingers ran softly over it's smooth cover, her lips pressing into a tight sad smile.

Jessica was right, although she loathes admitting the truth. Now wasn't the right time for the both of them and she can't give what Tiffany wants, nor be a proper girlfriend.

A deep sigh came from her.

"Am I really letting you go Tiffany? How will I ever get over this? Maybe never." She chuckled to herself sadistically.